How much would you try to sell it for???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
I have a 12ft Mirrocraft on a trailer with a 9.8 merc 110 as well as a newer electric trolling motor and battery. everything is in great condition. I live 5 minutes from Presque isle bay on lake Erie (not sure what effect my location would have). Just wondering what you guys might try getting for this boat if you were going to sell it.

Thanks for any opinions!!

I'd value it comparable to your local Craigslist listings. Price is too tricky of a slope to guestimate as local conditions drive prices. Values are higher in spring and lower in fall, desirable 48"+ hulls don't fluctuate as much as the thinner stuff.

Usually 80% of new parts value and 20% of $10/hr labor if you did a good job. 60-80% of a new hull depending on age and condition.

Around here, anything with a 48" bottom on a trailer with a 9.9 engine is a steal at $1500, add a troller and some toys and $2k is usually doable. Sadly with this economy those prices are not selling.

10' jons and pelecin type bass buggies go quick for around $500 but 12' and 1436's don't sell for much at all. No title and they are sold at scrap value or to suckers who don't know any better (no title = can't be powered in MD).

Anything with an O/B jet gets $4k+

I'd also say check craigslist to compare.

Without seeing it, it sounds like it would go for anywhere from $1000-1500 around here

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=323374#p323374 said:
eriecrappie33 » 23 Jul 2013, 16:56[/url]"]I have a 12ft Mirrocraft on a trailer with a 9.8 merc 110 as well as a newer electric trolling motor and battery. everything is in great condition. I live 5 minutes from Presque isle bay on lake Erie (not sure what effect my location would have). Just wondering what you guys might try getting for this boat if you were going to sell it.

Thanks for any opinions!!

I troll Craigslist for boats all the time, weather I am in the market or not. Just like seeing what is out there, and I am in NH for reference. What I have discovered are there are boats that you see on there all season long, and some come up and sell quick. I call it either a buyers price or a sellers price. Without seeing a picture of your b/m/t, I see them in like 1990's vintage range from a sellers price of $2000 to a buyers price of $1000. A 12' row boat hull alone can sell from $250+. An older Merc 9.8 of say prior to 1994 can range greatly from $300-$800. If we are talking 70's to early 80's vintage, the motor might be $250-$600. A trailer seems to be gold, I see them 40 years old and selling for $400+. A tiller trolling motor and battery are almost freebees when you include them with the package. You can find the WalMart Minn Kota's with battery for $50-100 all the time.

So the question is, do you want to sell it quick, or do you want to get top dollar? Put it on Craigslist for $800 and you will probably sell it in a week. Put it on for $1500 and you might have to wait a while.

I think it all depends on the condition and year of your motor and what time of year you try to sell it. Like others have stated, you are going to get your best money in march/april, when people still have that cabin fever but fishing is so close they can taste it. I think as long as your things are in good condition, your trailer is titled and your motor is 10 years or younger and runs strong you could ask for 2,000 and get close to it.