I bought my first jon boat today!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief2

Reaction score
Instead of a new boat, and a bigger boat, I bought a used G3 1436. I probably paid too much, but it was a lot less than the seller asked initially.

It is less than a year old, and sits on an EZ-Loader trailer. It came with two dealer installed folding fishing seats, a Minn-Kota trolling motor with 55lbs of thrust, and a new deep-cycle marine battery.

With four nice fishing lakes nearby that only allow trolling motors, my wife and I, as well as a few fishing buddies, should enjoy this little jon. Now I'm eager to discover what enhancements I can make and for this winter weather to get out of here!

Congratulations! I fish total electric most of the year. Very peaceful. What area of the country are you fishing?

gillhunter said:
Congratulations! I fish total electric most of the year. Very peaceful. What area of the country are you fishing?

Several county-managed lakes, three exactly, and one state-owned lake - all in the Blue Ridge Mountains/Piedmont region of Virginia. Crappie, bass, blue gill, mostly, with one lake having a surprisingly good population of thick-shouldered perch that should begin biting later this month.

Oh, I'm not planning on decking this jon. I think it is a bit too narrow for that. I am going to put a floor in it, a second deep-cycle battery parallel with the other, and I might look for a used 9.9 gas motor eventually.

Sounds like a good deal - a 1 yr old boat is a good buy - usually you can just hook it up and go fishing which is the reason most buy a boat anyway