I Have Been Working on the Rail Road!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Any cool resources fro this stuff? How long of a track can it be? 300 feet unheard of? What happens when it rains or snows?

Lots and lots of resources!!!! Google "Garden Railroad

300 feet of track is is very small

The track is relatively weather proof - just like real trains only smaller. And they run the trains in the snow - you need one of these to keep your track clear

2476945-Snow-Thrower-0.jpg

Of course you could just move up to live steam!

This is my Great Uncle Lou

614lou.jpg

wash1.gif

Jim said:
If I could get one like he is sitting on...I would be all over it. I want to be the neighbor everyone hates. :LOL2:

I suggest you get a few live steam engines, they make lots of coal smoke, have super loud whistles and are generally about teh coolest thing in the world.

Of course, you could do what many already do and park several boats in various stages of modification in your yard - much easier to work on the front lawn BTW

flounderhead59 said:
Your Uncle Lou's stuff looks like the size my dads friend used to build. Way cool.

Nice

He built that from Scratch using actual Steam Locomotive Blue Prints - machined all the parts including the locomotive wheels (he had them cast into blanks 1st). He woudl sit on the back and feed it coal while adjusting the steam valves to make it run