I Have No Clue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont mean to hijack ya but, where you from Bass n Bows? My grandma used to take me bank fishing on the Rock River. I grew up in the Quad Cities.

Hey sccamper, I'm from Rockford Illinois so I'm not to far away from the quad cities. So If I wanted to get into bass tournaments I have to have a boat that is 16' or bigger?

I have not seen any that allow boats under 16'. For insurance and liability reasons I guess :?:

Bass n Bows said:
Hey sccamper, I'm from Rockford Illinois so I'm not to far away from the quad cities. So If I wanted to get into bass tournaments I have to have a boat that is 16' or bigger?

Most need to be 16.5 and bigger, $300,000 liability insurance, and Livewells that work or you get penalized for dead fish. There might be some small boat fishing clubs in your area that you could join (good for practice and meeting fisher friends).

Well I finally found a boat.
It's a 14' Mirrocraft v-bottom. The boat is in great condition and it's got a 15 horse, 4 stroke yamaha on it. The owner built a deck on the front of the boat and the boat is also carpeted. It comes with a fairly new trolling motor and depth finder. It is everything I was looking for a starter boat. I may not be able to fish tournaments with it, but I need to learn on something small before I step into using big bass boats. The price is good too. The dowside is that I have to drive an hour and a half away to check it out.

Bass n Bows said:
Well I finally found a boat.
It's a 14' Mirrocraft v-bottom. The boat is in great condition and it's got a 15 horse, 4 stroke yamaha on it. The owner built a deck on the front of the boat and the boat is also carpeted. It comes with a fairly new trolling motor and depth finder. It is everything I was looking for a starter boat. I may not be able to fish tournaments with it, but I need to learn on something small before I step into using big bass boats. The price is good too. The dowside is that I have to drive an hour and a half away to check it out.

Sweet! Take a camera and take some pics!

Hope its the one! \:D/

Yea I'm pretty sure its the one. It kinda makes me sad to know that I can't take it to bass tournaments, but I figure this boat will be great for learning the ropes of boating and fishing from a boat. I've fished from boats many times for walleye and catfish, but never for bass. Is it very different fishing for bass from a boat compared to fishing from shore. Is it hard to learn how to back up a trailer and put the boat in? And when I want to load the boat up do I back the trailer up and then drive it up the trailer or do I just bring it up enough to hook it on the winch and crank it up?

That's a nice lookin' rig! 8) . If you've never backed a boat before I recommend going to a large empty parking lot and practice. Here's a tip a guy told me about steering backwards with a boat or anything else in-tow. Place your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. When you want to steer right, turn the wheel to the right and the boat will go the correct direction. Do the same for turning left. Takes some practice, and I still mess-up sometimes. Patience is not one of my better virtues when it comes to backing the boat :roll: .

Hey Waterwings it's funny you said that about the parking lot. Thats exactly what I was gonna do when I got the boat. There is a big retail store right down the street from my house and at night there is know one there. The parking lot is lighted and there is tons of room to practice without disturbing anyone. :D

Looks good man!

Don't sweat the tournament stuff, have fun with it. Next one could be the tourney boat.

Also look for the small boat bass clubs in your area, They are popping up everywhere. Or maybe start your own.

Well I ended up getting the boat that I posted the pic of. I'll post some pics of it in my garage a little bit later today.

Here she is! 14' Mirrocraft, 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke with power tilt, Minnkota 30lb. thrust Endura trolling motor, and it also came with a Humminbird Locater. The boat has a front casting deck with storage area, and the benches and bottom of the boat are carpeted. The motor is as clean as a whistle too! I think the boat is gonna be a Bass'n machine! Or an anything machine, lol! I am very lucky to get such a good deal on a great boat.
The file size is too big on the pictures. Can anyone downsize them for me?

Bass n Bows said:
Here she is! 14' Mirrocraft, 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke with power tilt, Minnkota 30lb. thrust Endura trolling motor, and it also came with a Humminbird Locater. The boat has a front casting deck with storage area, and the benches and bottom of the boat are carpeted. The motor is as clean as a whistle too! I think the boat is gonna be a Bass'n machine! Or an anything machine, lol! I am very lucky to get such a good deal on a great boat.
The file size is too big on the pictures. Can anyone downsize them for me?

send them to me [email protected] and I will do it for you.

Ok I think this will work.

Attachments

• 100_0638-1.JPG
    100_0638-1.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 100_0640.JPG
    100_0640.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 100_0641.JPG
    100_0641.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 100_0652.JPG