Is there a vertical size differance between batteries?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott from NJ

Reaction score
I have painted myself into a bit of a corner. A 24 series fits fine inder my deck but I only have about 1/2 inch clearance. I want to use a 29 or 31 series battery pair for my trolling motor. How much more room do I need? I can get creative and rework underneath if need be but want to know what I am looking at. THANKS!!

Thanks. I was looking for like 15 minutes and could not find the info. I assume the everstarts are the same size?

It all depends on the manufacturer. There are a few that may be taller than usual and small 1/2" differences, but MOST batteries are the same height or at least within 1/4" of each other. Measure the room you have and then take the tape measure or ruler with you to the store when you buy it.

Here's a couple questions for you:

What is your decking made of? Battery in a tray or no? Hold down strap? Battery directly under a hatch or slid in under the decking?

If the deck is wood, easy day, not much of a chance for short circuit if you have to slide it in. Still recommend a hold down strap at minimum. Tray would be nice as they help contain any electrolyte that may leak out, but they add overall height to the battery.

I'm with ya on this one...I built my battery box under my decking and wasn't forward thinking enough to make sure a battery would fit....I have about 10 3/4" vertical clearance. Is that gonna work? Lemme know your findings....or I will head to interstate tomorroe and do some measuring.

Latest posts