It's killing me!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I'm trying Crystal Light. No calories, no carbs, no nothing. It's added a nice flavor to the boring quality of water. This might work....it certainly will help.

fender66 said:
I've been on a declining run for many years now and have decided that I have to stop my habit before it kills me. For the last 25 years or so, I can, and do if I don't stop myself...drink anywhere between 2 and 3 liters of Dt. Pepsi a day. This week I've tried to cut back as much as possible and I've allowed myself a little in the morning (about 12 ounces), 1 can during the work day, and one can at home at night. This has been harder than it was for me to quit smoking in my late teens. I'm dying here. Anyone heard of a patch for people addicted to soda? :shock:

Try an Arnold Palmer instead made by Arizona[/i]. It's 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 tea with 1/3 less calories. It's what I drink. But if I'm feeling really "draggy", I'll go with their All Natural RX Energy drink. Unlike Red Bull & others it doesn't make you jittery or cause your BP or heat rate to jump up to national debt levels. Both beverages come in 24 oz cans for just 99 cents. Great Stuff! Oh, & Arizona makes a whole variety of other none-carbonated teas & drinks. Lastly, I've heard Bed, Bath & Bull$hit, oops I mean Beyond :wink:, has a soda machine that will take virtually anything like juice etc..& turn it into a carbonated soda. Heard Sean Hannity doing a promo for it on his daily radio show. Good luck!

Switch to beer! Just kidding. Really, those artifical sweeteners are bad for you. I once heard that the US navy prohibits navu pilots from conusimg drinks and food with artificial sweetners because it impairs judgment. That might just be an urban myth, but there is plenty of science that confirms that artificial sweeteners are bad for you.

Try drinking carbonated spring water.

Chris, you are definately not alone with this issue. I have a Dew problem. I go through about 3-4 liters each day. SERIOUS headaches if I try to stop or go without for a big part of a day. I have to try and stop drinking this stuff as well. Not easy but has to be done.

Matt

Sounds like we need to start our own little support group. :mrgreen:

Okay guys....Our first meeting is on Monday, which is Friday. Admission free, pay at the door, pull up a chair and sit on the floor!

Is Gatorade bad for you? I put down a little over a half gallon a day. I am trying to mix it a little weaker than normal. Water it will make me sick if I try to drink a lot of it. I will have stomach bloating and cramps and still be thirsty. I sweat a lot at work since I am outside for most of the day.

KMixson said:
Is Gatorade bad for you? I put down a little over a half gallon a day. I am trying to mix it a little weaker than normal. Water it will make me sick if I try to drink a lot of it. I will have stomach bloating and cramps and still be thirsty. I sweat a lot at work since I am outside for most of the day.

Hope not, thats my secondary drink of choice :) I like the G2 tho, i believe it use to be called Gatorade Rain

I didn't see a caffeine free diet Pepsi on this list. Only diet caffeine free cola drink that I know of is Diet Rite, which is hard to find. I found it at Wal Mart.

Here are a few excerpts from the listing. Lots more listed on the site that I LINKed to. regards, Rich

https://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

Soft Drinks

12-ounce beverage or as noted milligrams

Red Bull (8.2 oz) 80.0
Jolt 71.2
Pepsi One 55.5
Mountain Dew 55.0
Mountain Dew Code Red 55.0
Diet Mountain Dew 55.0
Diet Coke 45.
RC Cola 43.0
Diet RC 43.0
Dr. Pepper 41.0
Diet Dr. Pepper 41.0
Mr. Pibb 40.0
Slim-Fast Cappuccino Delight Shake 40.0
Pepsi-Cola 37.5
Pepsi Twist 37.5
Diet Pepsi Jazz 37.5
Diet Pepsi 36.0
Wild Cherry Pepsi 38.0
Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi 36.0
Diet Pepsi Twist 36.0
Coca-Cola Zero 35.0
Coca-Cola Classic 34.0
Cherry Coke 34.0
Lemon Coke 34.0
Vanilla Coke 34.0
Diet Cherry Coke 34.0
Snapple Flavored Teas (Reg. or Diet) 31.5
Barq's Root Beer 23.0
A&W Diet Creme Soda 22.0
Slim-Fast Chocolate Flavors 20.0
Lipton Brisk, All Varieties 9
Chocolate Milk (8 oz.) 4
Canada Dry Diet Cola 1.2
Diet Rite Cola 0
Sprite 0
7-Up 0

Dr. Rich...this is a list of sodium content? I think I'm reading it correctly.

Also there are lots of Dt. caffeine free drinks out there. I have a Dt. caffeine free can of pepsi right in front of me. Brought it back from lunch as a treat, but I haven't opened it yet. I think I can actually get by without it. I am on my third liter of Crystal Light though.

MattR said:
Chris, you are definately not alone with this issue. I have a Dew problem. I go through about 3-4 liters each day. SERIOUS headaches if I try to stop or go without for a big part of a day. I have to try and stop drinking this stuff as well. Not easy but has to be done.

Matt

right there with ya on the Dew's... but I have cut back a good bit. I only drink one (can't cut it out completely yet) per day and it lasts me ALL day long...

Chris - one thing that has helped me a ton was to wash out my Mt Dew bottle, fill it back up with water and the shock you get after you forget it's water will be near enough to get it off your mind....

fender66 said:
Sounds like we need to start our own little support group. :mrgreen:

Okay guys....Our first meeting is on Monday, which is Friday. Admission free, pay at the door, pull up a chair and sit on the floor!

I have a problem with that meeting plan. Maybe it should read like this.. Admission free, pay the launch fee, sit on the casting deck chair, fish, and when you think of drinking something you are not supposed to, you are subject to (insert punishment here) and the third time you lose your boat drain plug.

Matt

angry Bob said:
shamoo said:
Try drinking the flavored water instead, good luck =D>

I like the Nestle flavored water. My bro introduced it to me years ago. I still have soda from time to time, but I have the water more than anything.
Very good choice, I like the black cherry, grape, peach and pomagrante berry

Hmmm I may have found out why the discrepancy. I Googled "caffeine free diet Pepsi" and got a notice from Pepsi that was dated this year ( or maybe 2010). It is possible that the listing was produced prior to Pepsi introducing the caffeine free version. I'll do some more research Rich

Mr. fender, Dr. Moo, Dr. Jim and Dr. Angrybob say Flavored water is the way to go =D>

More than I wanted to know about "Caffeine Free diet Pepsi". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine-Free_Pepsi

Looks like a number of name changes going on since 1982. I give up... You must have been drinking the right stuff,..... just too much of it. This is good for me, because now I don't have to search far and wide for Diet Rite cola anymore. thanks Rich

BloodStone said:
Try an Arnold Palmer instead made by Arizona[/i]. It's 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 tea with 1/3 less calories. It's what I drink. But if I'm feeling really "draggy", I'll go with their All Natural RX Energy drink. Unlike Red Bull & others it doesn't make you jittery or cause your BP or heat rate to jump up to national debt levels. Both beverages come in 24 oz cans for just 99 cents. Great Stuff! Oh, & Arizona makes a whole variety of other none-carbonated teas & drinks. Lastly, I've heard Bed, Bath & Bull$hit, oops I mean Beyond :wink:, has a soda machine that will take virtually anything like juice etc..& turn it into a carbonated soda. Heard Sean Hannity doing a promo for it on his daily radio show. Good luck!

Arnold Palmer Ice Tea is unreal!

Not to get too much on a personal level, but as a recovering alcoholic and addict, I find comfort in knowing that normal people struggle with addictions as well. Thanks for your support guys, seriously. I hope you can kick your caffeine addictions without using a 12 step program.