Kids Fishing Tournament Sponsors Needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ010 said:
holy crap I've got a lot of goodies to get rid of... and that includes some cranks and topwater plugs

Are y'all still fishing with us this Saturday bug and brine?

You'se guys are going to freeze your fanny's off Saturday.... :) Still sounds like fun though.

russ010 said:

I can't Russ. Would like to get a whoopin by the BANG guys this season tho. I'll let ya know when I can make one of your next tourneys.

Good Luck!

Russ, I cant make it either this time, all tho i am only about 3 miles from the boat ramp right now :) Ill be here till thursday afternoon probbaly. Well hookup sometime soon tho, I have to look at the schedule, but i may be able to make the dalohnaga or the cedar creek...

Poolie, Thanks for the donation as well, I will get it passed on to Brine on saturday.

I have some rods and reels that I was going to garage sale. Some are new or almost new (gifts I got) some are in good working order. I could only ship break-down rods but would be happy to do that if it is of use to you. PM me with a shipping address if you can use these.

poolie said:
russ010 said:
holy crap I've got a lot of goodies to get rid of... and that includes some cranks and topwater plugs

You'se guys are going to freeze your fanny's off Saturday.... :) Still sounds like fun though.

You got that right... I'm kind of surprised at how many people are actually still planning to show up. I won't mind it as long as the winds aren't as high as they were last Saturday.

I've still got a box full of stuff for y'all though... I'll try to figure out a way to get to ya

Russ, Brine or I will hook up with you sometime... :) Have fun Saturday..

Thanks to everyone, I assume Brine will pm his addys after work today... If someone was wanting to use paypal just pm me, If your wanting to send merchandise Brine will get back with a address for ya.. :mrgreen:

i have a bunch of plastic worms of assorted colors that i will probably never use. They are not in original packaging. now in sandwhich baggies. Pm me an address if you would like them.

Hey everyone....

Thanks so much for all your support.

I'm blown away at the generosity of the board. I've PM'd everyone back that had left me a message. Sorry for the delay for some of you, as I've been working late and getting up early.

I can already forsee that this is going to be a spectacular day for the kids and everyone else involved. I will do everything possible to share it with you once it's over.

Once again...April 10th is the day!

OK i would like to help.

I tried pm brine and bugpac if you all received then pm me back if not then pm as to how i can help.

mike
not sure how pm works.

caveman said:
OK i would like to help.

I tried pm brine and bugpac if you all received then pm me back if not then pm as to how i can help.

mike
not sure how pm works.

Yes, I got it. and PM'd you back. All you sent me was a quote of mine. If you'd like to send money, Bugpac has a PayPal account you can use, if you have an item(s) you want to donate, you can mail it/them to me.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the support!

Just wanted to share (with member permission) the gift pack I got in today from our very own member bobberboy!

Can't wait to put this stuff in some kids' hands. 8 weeks left!!!

Thanks again for the support!

P2150121.jpg

bump for the night crew...Thanks again bobberboy!

Update to this...

Quote from GON and Cletus T, the organizer...

"OK folks……….I need to give all you fine people an update on the Mini-Me Classic and some of the “drama” that has been going on for about three weeks now. Without going into too much detail we have decided to move the location of our event to another venue. Tribble Mill Park is a great location but in the end, we were told that we could have this event held there this year but after that we were not welcomed back. It was a one time deal. From Gwinnett County Park and Rec. view point there were liability issues since people had sent me money and donations for this event and they saw it as me “charging a fee” to people. There was a lot of miscommunication and down right lack of communication concerning this event and I really don’t want to get into all the details of what happened because I believe everything happens for a reason and this whole time there was a mighty power working to move our event to this new location and also be able to have our Church become involved as well. We got our Church involved because Gwinnett County was requiring us to provide a $1 million liability policy to even have this event at Tribble Mill so Shadowbrook Baptist agreed to come on board to help with this, but in the end, even with the liability “issue” taken care of…..we felt it was better to move our event to another location.

Enough of all that political mumbo jumbo right………here’s the deal. The date and the time is still the same. It will be Sat. April 10th but it’s going to be held at Fort Yargo located in Barrow Co. It is state park NOT a county and they have been nothing but super helpful in getting the Mini-Me set up there. I know that a lot of people sent in $$$$ to help secure the pavilion at Tribble Mill and I told you if we could get $10 from each boater we could get the pavilion rented no problem. Well…….here’s the cool deal. It was going to cost us $60 an hour with a min. of 2 hours at Tribble Mill to rent the pavilion BUT at Fort Yargo it will cost us $40 for the WHOLE DAY….that’s right….the whole day!!!! PLUS…..the lake is much bigger than Tribble Mill (260 acres to be exact) There is NO motor restriction at all which will open up this event to more people where as we were having to limit people at TM. There are awesome camp sites all around Fort Yargo so if you are traveling from a far distance you can camp there for the day or heck for the weekend if you want. You can bring the whole family if you want. In my mind it has been a MAJOR upgrade. We got a pavilion rented and everything is a go.

Now to the issue of people that have sent me money…….I still have it and actually I opened a new account strictly for all the money that has come in for this event. We don’t need as much now as we did when we were going to have it at TM so if you would any of your $$$$ back just let me know and I can get it back to you. Or if you feel like that money is well served right where it’s at then let it be and every cent will go to help out the Mini-Me.

Now to the new development of my church coming on board…..yes they came on board to help with the “liability” issue and I’m grateful for that but I have also been feeling like we should make this event about more than just a “fun” day of fishing. NO there are not going to be people there beating you over the head with a Bible but our Pastor will be there as well as our kids director and there will be a higher calling upon this event. We will pray before we hit the water……we will say a blessing before we eat and we will give thanks to the Good Lord above for allowing us to have such a wonderful event. God will bless this event…….I know he will!

So there you are folks………the 2nd annual Mini-Me Classic will be held on April 10th 2010 at Fort Yargo located in Winder Ga. Here’s a link to the place so you can see it for yourself.

https://www.gastateparks.org/FTYargo

I do apologize if this has caused any problems for anybody and if it has let me know and we will see what we can do to help you out. I’m excited for this new location and I truly feel that this event it’s going to be something that the kids and the grown ups will forever remember!

So set your sites on Fort Yargo on the 2nd Sat of April because we are going to get all over the Mini-Me Classic. This opens up the door for more people so BRING IT ON!!!!

Thanks for your Support and God Bless!

Cletus T. "

Poolie, You are included in the fund donations. Pm me if you wish to do something different...

Great news, Hopefully people step up and just leave the money in there for them. I still plan on sending some of my jigs and spinner baits so those will be on there way there to you soon.

Bugpac said:
Update to this...

Poolie, You are included in the fund donations. Pm me if you wish to do something different...

Nope... my donation is right where it needs to be. I initially thought I wasn't going to be able to make it out to the event due to family coming in town for a visit, but the wife gave me a day pass so as it stands, I'm going to drop by.

Thanks guys, I imagine any left over money will go for food and beverage, or if gift cards if it came down to needing a place to go.. Cletus is a great guy and for sure will make sure any and all funds get put to use for this event.. :) Thanks again guys for helping out..

Thanks for posting Bug.

This drama has been gradually unfolding up until two nights ago when I told Cletus that I had done everything I could.

Long story short.....Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation made it as difficult as possible for us to hold this event at their park, which ended in us needing to get a 1 Million Dollar Liability Insuranace Policy, and then informed us that we would not be welcomed back the following year. Seems since the County had nothing to gain, they weren't very interested in us having an "event" at their park. :evil: And I wondered why so many people dislike Gov't.....

I spoke to:
Employee of Parks and Recreation
Director of Parks and Recreation
Head of Risk Management
My County Commissioner's Assistant (Because my County Commissioner has more imortant things to do)

The fact that we collected money and were going to hand out prizes for the event is apparently what the problem was, yet no one could give me an answer as to how this differed from the 3 end of year Soccer banquets I had attended at the exact location where the team Mom accepted money so that she could buy trophies.

I honestly think that the whole perception is that we must be a group of rednecks trying to invade a park with some kind of cash payout.

I'm convinced this change in venue will work in our (and the kid's) favor and now look at it as a blessing from the Lord, as the new location will support more kids/families.

Thanks again for all the support from the TinBoat family!

Latest posts