Lake Blalock 2/8/09.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Went down to the lake to try out the new spider rigging set up and I could get used to fishing like this! All I could muster were small crappie (handsize) so I returned about a dozen. Didn't keep any. All using Minnows as they would not touch a jig ( I threw the ranbow #-o ).

I did manage to get a couple football size bass off minnows as well, and man were they fun on 4lb. test and 10ft. crappie rods! I had my hands full!

Gonna try it again this week at Lake Greenwood and see if I can do any better.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

that's awesome.. I have seen a guy pull a 7' lm off a crappie buster... that was fun to watch!

How was the lake water levels?Did you knwo the guy that died on Blalock this weekend?His boat drug him a long way with his head underwater. https://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/man_dies_on_lake_blalock/14378/

ben2go said:
How was the lake water levels?Did you knwo the guy that died on Blalock this weekend?His boat drug him a long way with his head underwater. https://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/man_dies_on_lake_blalock/14378/

The water level is at full pool (actually about 6" over).

His name was Wayne Anderson, and he was about 59 yrs. old. They believe he had a heart attack, and slumped over while under power. Some guys under the Buck Creek Bridge seen it all go down and rushed over to assist, but to my knowledge he had already passed. They are planning an autopsy to determine cause.

I was fishing a point toward hwy. 221, and saw all the Emergency vehicles go across the bridge, but at the time I had no idea. I didn't see a crowd of people down in that area, or around the bridge and thought it might be an issue at a residence close by.

Out thoughts and prayers go out to all the family and friends.

russ010 said:
that's awesome.. I have seen a guy pull a 7' lm off a crappie buster... that was fun to watch!

I almost forgot....... Talked to the fella that owns the bait shop I frequent (WC's), and he relayed that 2 huge LM were caught that day. An 8lb. 6 oz. caught on a minnow, and a 7lb. 4 oz. caught on a Roostertail.

Latest posts