Lithium Battery Question - 50AH LiFeP04 for a 55# thrust Minn Kota?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the ones with heater pads come on when below 32 degrees while charging or running? But not otherwise?
From what I gathered, just for charging. They were talking about it in the realm of ice fishing. That it would run out on the ice in frigid temps, but in order to charge it, the battery needed to be heated.
The documentation on my 100AH LiFePO4 says the operating range is from -4F to 140F. Charging is limited to the range of 32F to 122F.

The building where I store my boat, along with the ATV and other rolling stock, is not heated and gets well below 32F during the winter. I always pull batteries from all those things (except the ATV) and store them in my heated shop building.

I'm feeling pretty good about the purchase. There are a bunch of review videos featuring the TimeUSB brand, and they all are very positive. Everyone seems impressed with the quality of the build, including the BMS. It only has a 5-year warranty, but it's half the price of many others, so I'm game, especially with all the reviews.

BTW, anyone priced AGM batteries lately? You may be shocked. Many lithium batteries are cheaper than AGM now.
Yes, I've noticed.

AGM can be used for starting and for golf carts, and don't have the current restrictions that Lithium batteries have. So AGM are good for heavy-duty applications, and they last longer than typical lead acid batteries. So they are still the best starting batteries out there.

Yes, I've noticed.

AGM can be used for starting and for golf carts, and don't have the current restrictions that Lithium batteries have. So AGM are good for heavy-duty applications, and they last longer than typical lead acid batteries. So they are still the best starting batteries out there.
I use AGM for my starting battery. I know some people have used lithium for starting batteries without problem, but I don't think it's worth the risk since the engine charging system isn't compatible with lithium.

Reached out to TimeUSB about warranty information.....here is their response to my questions:

Timeusb 12V 100Ah Pro LiFePO4 Battery, Grade A Battery Cells, Compact Lithium Battery, Built-in 100A BMS,10-Year Lifetime, Perfect for RVs, Solar Home System, and Off-grid Applications

The seller answered your question on​

Timeusb 12V 100Ah Pro LiFePO4...

You asked:​

"What is the warranty for the 12V 100ah Pro? Is warranty pro rated? How and where does it get returned if it is bad during warranty?"​

They answered:​

"Dear customer, Thank you for reaching out. We provide a 5-year warranty for the battery, and it is valid from the date of purchase. Procedures for Warrant Claims 1. We’ll assist to analyze the consumer’s problem within 24 hours, and help solve the problem, restore battery usage, and introduce the optimal use method. 2. If our product fails to work normally, the consumer assists us in completing all the battery testing, and both parties confirm that the product does have quality problems. We’ll send a new battery replacement for the defective battery after it has been returned to our US warehouse with the pre-paid label we prepared. And the defective battery will be checked and tested by our technical team to analyze the problem. Please feel free to contact us for more detailed support. By Timeusb Customer Service Team"​

Charging up my new battery!

View attachment 115600
Are those mounting feet I see on the charger base? There have been inconsistent reports on the body of the charger they are sending out now. Since the charger is engineered to be mounted in the same environment as the battery, it would make sense if there were cast-in lugs to fasten the charger down.
Maybe it is 'drill your own'?

And about that workbench....That looks awful clean from where I'm standing....Just sayin', lol.

Are those mounting feet I see on the charger base? There have been inconsistent reports on the body of the charger they are sending out now. Since the charger is engineered to be mounted in the same environment as the battery, it would make sense if there were cast-in lugs to fasten the charger down.
Maybe it is 'drill your own'?

And about that workbench....That looks awful clean from where I'm standing....Just sayin', lol.
Nope. No feet on the charger base. Ill get a better pic of the charger tonight.

Actually, I finally cleaned the bench up the other day! The rest of the garage on the otherhand...oye it's a mess LOL

I wouldn't count on there being a warranty that far down the line with some of these smaller companies. I highly doubt they will even be around under the same name in two years, let alone 5 or 10.

The bigger names like, Ionic, Amped, Dakota, etc. you can probably bank on supporting their products for a while.

Reached out to TimeUSB about warranty information.....here is their response to my questions:

Timeusb 12V 100Ah Pro LiFePO4 Battery, Grade A Battery Cells, Compact Lithium Battery, Built-in 100A BMS,10-Year Lifetime, Perfect for RVs, Solar Home System, and Off-grid Applications

The seller answered your question on​

Timeusb 12V 100Ah Pro LiFePO4...

You asked:​

"What is the warranty for the 12V 100ah Pro? Is warranty pro rated? How and where does it get returned if it is bad during warranty?"​

They answered:​

"Dear customer, Thank you for reaching out. We provide a 5-year warranty for the battery, and it is valid from the date of purchase. Procedures for Warrant Claims 1. We’ll assist to analyze the consumer’s problem within 24 hours, and help solve the problem, restore battery usage, and introduce the optimal use method. 2. If our product fails to work normally, the consumer assists us in completing all the battery testing, and both parties confirm that the product does have quality problems. We’ll send a new battery replacement for the defective battery after it has been returned to our US warehouse with the pre-paid label we prepared. And the defective battery will be checked and tested by our technical team to analyze the problem. Please feel free to contact us for more detailed support. By Timeusb Customer Service Team"​

Wow, that is pretty good.

With all the good press, good customer service and strong sales due to it, I wouldn’t be surprised if TimeUSB doesn’t become a big player in the market, as some of the other companies have.

Dakota, Amped and Iconic were small startups at some time, and their quality took them to the top. I hope the same happens for TimeUSB.

i can’t wait to get back home to charge that baby and run her through her paces!

I think these batteries are bad luck. Since I got mine it has been raining every moment that I’m not working.

That **** Murphy and his law!

We used to joke that Murphy hates contractors. The story goes something like this...

Evil king Murphy was sitting on his throne, in a foul mood as usual. One of his servants reported that something in the castle had broken. Another servant, trying to be helpful, asked, "Sir, should I call a contractor?"

Murphy was instantly filled with rage. "Contractor?!? Contractor?!? I HATE Contractors!!!!"

"GUARDS!!! SEIZE HIM!! TAKE HIM AWAY!!!!"

It's not just contractors, he hates fishermen, mechanics, and basically EVERYONE. So don't feel bad.

Try going out in the morning. Usually, summer rains come in the afternoon.

It took the battery about 12 hours to reach full charge. I connected it to my Riptide 55, and it DOES seem to have more kick. I guess having a higher resting voltage really is noticeable.

Can't wait to run this baby!

But something just occurred to me...

I need to hide this thing, so no one knows that it's lithium. I imagine that because they are so expensive, thieves would love to steal them. I think I'm going to make a tray for it under my front deck. I would be extremely upset if it disappeared at a gas station or while grabbing stuff from a store!