Missouri tin-boaters!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fender66 said:
panFried said:
Are yall still alive? I'm still waiting under the 109 bridge waiting for Fender

Hey Pan....I'd love to come out sometime but my jet still is without an engine. Woe is me.....

Hey hey Fender! That stinks man. I actually went out and looked at new 1648 with Mercury 30 Jet but not sure I want to pull the trigger on it. It's a 1998 package and I would have to start another rebuild. As you know I live by all these nice rivers and have a place by wappapello and clear water lakes. Do you think a Jet would be good for both lakes and rivers? I think you have two boats but the wife will frown on that [emoji16]

panFried said:
fender66 said:
panFried said:
Are yall still alive? I'm still waiting under the 109 bridge waiting for Fender

Hey Pan....I'd love to come out sometime but my jet still is without an engine. Woe is me.....

Hey hey Fender! That stinks man. I actually went out and looked at new 1648 with Mercury 30 Jet but not sure I want to pull the trigger on it. It's a 1998 package and I would have to start another rebuild. As you know I live by all these nice rivers and have a place by wappapello and clear water lakes. Do you think a Jet would be good for both lakes and rivers? I think you have two boats but the wife will frown on that [emoji16]

YES....a jet is an awesome boat for both Clearwater and Wapp. If I only fished our local rivers, Clearwater and Wapp....all I'd have is a jet. But...I have to have a glass boat for all the bass tournaments I fish. I hope to get my jet back on the water soon...just need to find the time to rebuild.

Pan, A 1648 is a little small for lakes like Table Rock, Lake of the Ozarks, or KY. Should be good for the smaller ones. Mine's 17.5ft and it is almost too small. Sometimes I wonder "Why the H#!! I'm out here", but I continue on. Used to go to Table Rock in a 14ft. semi-Vee, so I kind of got used to small boat/big lake fishing. 2 more days until retirement. Hopefully translates into more time on the water.

S&MFISH said:
Pan, A 1648 is a little small for lakes like Table Rock, Lake of the Ozarks, or KY. Should be good for the smaller ones. Mine's 17.5ft and it is almost too small. Sometimes I wonder "Why the H#!! I'm out here", but I continue on. Used to go to Table Rock in a 14ft. semi-Vee, so I kind of got used to small boat/big lake fishing. 2 more days until retirement. Hopefully translates into more time on the water.
Thanks S&MFish, and Congrats on the retirement. I still have about 10yrs. I don't think I'll use it in those lakes. About the biggest one I'll fish is Bull Shoals but that's a quiet lake. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on this boat. It's a 1998 Polar Kraft Dakota and trailer with Merc 30 Jet. The hull is not a MV which could equal bad back. It's plain Jane and it would be a project build.

Linhardt said:
Been mainly a lurker since 2011 and just now found this post. But I am from Jefferson City, MO

Lurker or not....it's good to have you here. If you're ever in the neighborhood....give us a shout!

Sure will. Just got to get my butt in gear to do some work on my two tin projects. '79 Lowe Line 1432 Jon and a just acquired yesterday '72 12' V-Hull. Not sure of the brand V-Hull, no markings unless under the crappy paint somewhere but the Montana Title only said 1972 RDG Aluminum Boat.

S&MFISH said:
Welcome Linhardt. Question for you. How is the fishing on the Osage out of Mari-Osa.?

I have only fished that a few times, mainly because I was in another persons boat, or I have fished from shore at the Mari Osa Boat Ramp or further river, but mainly for catfish. Have not got any of my boats ready to use on there yet to learn much about the Osage. But depending on the water and time of year you can catch a few walleye, sauger, hybrid striped bass, catfish, spoonbill, LM Bass, and some crappie. Especially below the Lock and Dam. But you have to be careful there cause there are a lot of boat eating logs, fast current, and other hazards. Fishing just below the Mari Osa Boat Ramp where the Maries river comes into the Osage can be a decent place to pick up a walleye or sauger during the fall and winter months. Never tried to catch one there but have heard from others that they can be caught there. Seen a video on YouTube of someone catching some Hybrids Striped Bass where the Osage meets the Missouri. You can pick up a few Hybrids below the Lock and Dam where the fast water meets the slower water. Right at the moment the water is high. With LOZ releasing water and the Missouri cresting, it has it bank to bank on the Osage. I am no expert of the Osage, and most of what I know I get from others, but maybe if I can get myself out there in a decent boat then I might be able to give you first hand experience. During the summer the area is loaded with people partying in pontoons, jetskis, and jet boats which might affect the fishing. So early spring and fall would be your best bet to get some decent fishing.

S&MFISH said:
Thanks for the info. We will be venturing out during the week. I have access to a place on the Gasconade down stream from Mt. Sterling. Not much of a jump from there.

No problem. Like to help out whenever I can. You might check out https://forums.ozarkanglers.com/ if you are not a member already. Lots of good info and people on there. Covers just about every where from Arkansas to Missouri on lakes, streams, and rivers.

panFried said:
Hey MO Tinnies... Not sure if you have any money burning a hole in your pocket for some fun equipment or need a new Tin Project (S&MFish) and/or an outboard but the MDC is auctioning off some equipment. Check it out this Saturday.
https://mdc.mo.gov/about-us/get-kno...-and-auctions/auction-salem-maintenance-cente
Personally I wouldn't mind one of their trucks as a farm beater! [emoji16]

Just seeing this today. Wish I could have gone....lots on there that I'd like a shot at....(you know..with all my "extra money"). I was fishing a tournament anyway and wouldn't have been able to go.

Latest posts