Modding my SeaKing 1242 Semi-V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohm said:
:evil: WTF We had a little rain last night, 0.5", I had a tarp over the boat but a little water still got in, the carpet is pealing up, so much for the glue being waterproof. I guess I well have to get a better tarp and when everything dries out I well reglue the loose bits.

I also got the decking bolted down to the trailer and my Dad is going to help me lift the boat onto the trailer.

How long did the glue cure before it got water on it? The complete cure time on mine was 5 days, so I kept the decks removable until about a week passed.

It was about a week, the interesting thing is it pealed up clean, the paint underneath is still in perfect shape. I well just glue it back down tomorrow and put a new tarp over it, the one on there now is ancient, Harbor Freight has a camo one that well fit nicely for $10 so I well probably get that one, I need to get some other stuff from there as well anyway, the place it like a candy store :D

Yeah I think that is what I well have to do, didn't think it would be so necessary but the glue obviously likes porous materials to stick too. I think for now I well just do the two that have come unglued and if the others come up I well do them then.

I finally got around to installing the receiver hitch on my truck that I picked up 4 years ago :shock: I found it for $35 at the wrecking yard, the only problem is that the areas that I had sanded and primed 4 years ago are rusty now so I am just going to take a wire wheel to the bad stuff and hit it with some fresh black paint to make it look a little better. Now I just need to get a new wiring harness for the truck.

Epoxy :D I got the underside of the rear seat/deck, the hack covers and transom coated on one side and the edges. I just used a 4" foam roller and foam brush and spread like crazy :D The other two seats still were a bit damp from the puddles so they are going to bake in the 95 degree sun today and they should be good to go tomorrow.
Epoxy1.jpg

Epoxy.jpg

The screws also came yesterday.
Screws.jpg

Screws1.jpg

Hows this for digging one up from the grave, I finally got back to working on my boat, way to many projects. I finished epoxying the seats and painted the vertical sections of the seats. Now I just need to carpet them and bolt them down and do all the little things.

Well since I just bought the same exact boat (minus your fixes) I am very interested in seeing what you come up with on this project. Awesome job so far =D>

Actually from what I remember looking at your post I think yours is the v-bottom version, mine is a flat bottom with a v-bow, I kinda wish I had yours as it would probably do better with the 12hp motor I am sticking on the back of mine but it should be fun in a strait line :D Hopefully if I get ambitious enough I will have it buttoned up in the next week or two along with my motorcycle and I can shift to working on my truck, I am trying to get some projects done this summer.

ohm said:
Actually from what I remember looking at your post I think yours is the v-bottom version, mine is a flat bottom with a v-bow, I kinda wish I had yours as it would probably do better with the 12hp motor I am sticking on the back of mine but it should be fun in a strait line :D Hopefully if I get ambitious enough I will have it buttoned up in the next week or two along with my motorcycle and I can shift to working on my truck, I am trying to get some projects done this summer.

Yup you are right, the bottom of yours is flatter than mine :mrgreen:

I didn't look close enough. That boat with 12 hp motor should move along pretty good