Monark Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linesider

Reaction score
Another one of those that has been looking at this site for a long time and finally decided to show what I'm doing with mine. I've been looking at everyones mod's almost everyday and I've gotten a lot of great ideas. I inhereted a monark from my father-in-law. It's 12' long and the bottom is 40" at the widest part. I've spent the last 1 1/2 years working on it when I have free time. I'll post some before pics now and add some of what I've done soon. I think I'm getting close to working on the wiring but as I started getting into it I have more questions than I ever thought I would.

Attachments

• various 261.jpg
    various 261.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 884
  • various 147.jpg
    various 147.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 884
  • PICT0083.JPG
    PICT0083.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 884
  • various 252.jpg
    various 252.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 884
  • various 255.jpg
    various 255.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 884
  • various 257.jpg
    various 257.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 884
  • various 263.jpg
    various 263.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 884
  • various 264.jpg
    various 264.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 884
  • PICT0141.JPG
    PICT0141.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 884
I posted the wrong picture to show the previous wiring. The one pic of the switch panel shows the circuit breaker for the trolling motor.

Attachments

• various 258.jpg
    various 258.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 881
Ok, here are some more pics of what I did after I gutted all the existing wood. I also disconnected all the lights and other electronics. The bilge pump was never hardwired, it just had alligator clips. I also took off the switch panel and tossed it. I wish I hadn’t because now I think I could have used it later. The TM was wired to a terminal bloc (I think that’s the correct terminology) and the alligator clips were attached when wanting to use it. I blew many fuses doing this because the clips were so close together when attached to the term. bloc.

I didn’t mention it in my first post that I have fished off of this boat for a few years before I brought it back home to modify it. It’s a very sturdy boat and no leaks that I’ve seen over the years.

The new flooring is all ¾” plywood. I’m using a 2 x 4 piece on the back rib between the bow and the middle seat and a ¾” x 1” piece of wood on the front rib in the same area. This allows for a level flooring. A picture attached shows this. Chime in if you think I’ll need more bracing. It seems very sturdy to me when testing it. I decided to screw the flooring between the middle and back seat directly to the ribs instead of additional bracing. I didn’t want to raise the floor any in the back. I’ve treated all the wood with water sealant as well.

Attachments

• PICT0221.JPG
    PICT0221.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 838
  • PICT0227.JPG
    PICT0227.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 838
  • PICT0226.JPG
    PICT0226.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 838
Of course I did it again. The picture below shows that the 3/4" x 1" wooden brace spans the entire width of the boat. The earlier photo showed a piece that was too short. I'll get this right sooner or later.

Attachments

• PICT0220.JPG
    PICT0220.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 821
Ok, nevermind. This is the same short board. I need to look at my photos better before posting. Apparently I don't have a pic of the correct board.

Latest posts