Mounting Chartplotter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spes

Reaction score
Hello,,
I was wondering what ideas other people have used for mounting their chartplotters.
I have a sliderG5 mounted on a small pedestal.
I just purchased a Humminbird 798ci HD Si :D
I want to mount it in a way that gets it up a bit so I can see it.
I was thinking of using a piece of 4'' or 6'' pvc pipe with two end caps,,
One end cap I can screw to the deck and drill an access hole for wires,, the other end cap I can mount the gimbal to.
kinda like this, (forgive my poor paint shop skills )
Seat_Mount.jpg

Any better ideas out there?
Tks

your idea will work but you won't have much if any flexibililty in adjusting the HU for viewing except for the gimbal mounts' adjustments. You'll have to get the height correct as well, but easy to lower, have to cut another piece to raise it up. Might consider a RAM mount, lots of adjustiblity with it but still more $$ than a piece of pvc pipe.

I was actually thinking pvc AND ram.
Most of my fishing I'm standing up, and I hate bending over to look at the plotter.

if you can get the two to play nice, go for it but post up pics please. I need to raise the FF on the bow but not for standing, just to get a better gps signal and old tired eyes. LOL

It will be a few months before I get to this ,,but I will post pics in the spring.
stay tuned

Don't know if it would work for what you're trying to do, but after much experimenting I went with a RAM Swing Arm Mount for my HB 898. I tried mounting it on various 2-ball type RAMs, but didn't like them because both balls would loosen when I really only needed it to swivel 180, and I was constantly fighting it to get it back to where I wanted it.

The swing arm RAM lets me swivel the display 180+ degrees, so I can rotate it and see it from anywhere on the boat. However you can only change the tilt angle of the display via the knobs on the HB gimbal mount, not the RAM.

Latest posts