Mozilla or IE??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DocWatson said:
Tunnels said:
I'm assuming that you still need virus software? How does it work with McAfee?
AV software is always a must have. No exceptions !!!

As Russ said, get yourself a copy of Avast and don't look back.

https://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

But before you install it, if you have any version of McAfee or Norton on the system do a Google search for the removal tool for that particular program and use it to uninstall their mess. If you do not use the tool, there is a good chance you will leave some undesirable part of the program behind to cause problems.

I've been using AVG, is the AV better?

Here is what I have installed on my computer and I have no issues.
Avira Anti Virus
Avast Anti Virus
Webroot Spy Sweeper

I also use CCleaner and Glary Registry repair.

All these keep my puter running fast and problem free.

use safari!!

shortcuts are essentials,, faster loading,, if you use gmail for email.. set it up soo much easy and secure , and so fast get to any webpage!

just an update, I downloaded FF on the 15th and admitted its faster. Now today I notice that my protection programs seem to not deal with FF? I was noticing my window care program was blowing thru its program quickly, and it normally doesn't do that, so I snooped around . My Windows care, Fishing filter are not fooling with it. yes it does the other computer issues but when it comes to internet things to fix it blows by.

I'm going to uninstall it and go back to IE before I have a problem. wanted to update this being I have given it a chance with FF and do admit its faster but I can't take a chance with it when my other protection programs ignore it.

FishingBuds said:
just an update, I downloaded FF on the 15th and admitted its faster. Now today I notice that my protection programs seem to not deal with FF? I was noticing my window care program was blowing thru its program quickly, and it normally doesn't do that, so I snooped around . My Windows care, Fishing filter are not fooling with it. yes it does the other computer issues but when it comes to internet things to fix it blows by.

I'm going to uninstall it and go back to IE before I have a problem. wanted to update this being I have given it a chance with FF and do admit its faster but I can't take a chance with it when my other protection programs ignore it.
I switched back myself. I guess it's whatever you get use to. I didn't have that many problems w/ it but it was hard keeping up with stuff. Oh well...gave it a shot anyway :roll:

Of course Mozilla fire fox because I have been continuously work with it around last two years. But I had seen not any problem in before and now in a day.

Firefox all the way! There are some great addons too. One I have been using for years now is Xmarks (or maybe it's called Foxmarks now, or even vice versa... I forget)... Anyway, it backs up your settings to a server. This is especially useful if you have a laptop and a desktop: it will automatically sync your bookmarks and settings between the two in realtime. It's also nice if you do a reinstall: rather than do any kind of cumbersome process for migrating your firefox bookmarks, you just install the addon on the new machine, log in to your Xmarks account, and it automatically adds all your bookmarks. VERY handy!

I still have to go back to IE from time to time for some apps at work that just don't play nice with Firefox, but other than that, I always use Firefox. It's just better.

FF is great, its what I use, No Script and AdBlock are must have extensions. Chrome is pretty good too. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for anti-virus and Malwarebytes.

Latest posts