My Alumacraft 1648 ncs project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishfreek said:
Love the boat. I have the same boat and not even close to done with it yet. But that's half the fun.

I've followed your progress, I like seeing someone else's take on the exact same boat. And of course, your never actually done. But for the time being its time to game plan for long term projects.

CMC-PT-35
Lowrance 5 ti

Trying to win 10,000 tonight at a raffle, that could change things!!!!

Hey, CatchRelease...re the Lotto....

Even though I KNOW the odds are way against me...about twice a year, when the big lotto gets to 400mm or so, I become a big spender and drop my $4.00 bucks in for two tickets.

One ticket, I pick our birthdays, and the other is in the hands of the Gods...with a quick pick.

Just did it ten minutes ago. Good Luck Ha Ha richg99

9b53514776985566809e0f13d7f4b59d.jpg
43b32338b4f9153a818590829cca1678.jpg

My B!+<# has reached the summer home.

GAME ON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
9b53514776985566809e0f13d7f4b59d.jpg
43b32338b4f9153a818590829cca1678.jpg

My B!+<# has reached the summer home.

GAME ON

I have the same boat pretty much. I got this funny feeling that theres no supports under my bow deck. Just feels flimsy

Been wanting to call aluma craft and ask bout it.

40fe193510cb2acf9459482a604b76e4.jpg
89631ab84c2c6c743d4a430f5710c24c.jpg

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

Mind dont have a storage to look inside.

If there are supports, the top metal is not attached, there are bumps that look like there over some fastners but the metal is flimsy.

6c56532d18193d19402a6c969d122107.jpg

And if there are supports they must be welded in because theres NO rivets shwing theres metal supports fastened under the deck to the bow.

Well, I haven't a model like yours yet without a storage compartment but I do know that the deck has a sheet of 3/4 ply under the aluminum.

Catch Release Repeat said:
Well, I haven't a model like yours yet without a storage compartment but I do know that the deck has a sheet of 3/4 ply under the aluminum.

Yea but theres gotta be cross members under the ply. I hope lol

Gotta call alumacraft and ask.

I have been meaning to ask if you know or can find the model number for that Plano storage box? Also, how sturdy is it for someone to sit on?

I have the same boat (1648 NCS model) but the flat bottom version. As you already know there is zero storage aside from the small cubby hole under the front deck. I have been using a large cooler as a passenger seat on the floor and to keep some gear in. Works great for a seat since it's sturdy, however, makes for poor storage since it lets water in.

wmk0002 said:
I have been meaning to ask if you know or can find the model number for that Plano storage box? Also, how sturdy is it for someone to sit on?

I have the same boat (1648 NCS model) but the flat bottom version. As you already know there is zero storage aside from the small cubby hole under the front deck. I have been using a large cooler as a passenger seat on the floor and to keep some gear in. Works great for a seat since it's sturdy, however, makes for poor storage since it lets water in.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/plano-molding-68-quart-tote.html?_iv_code=Q3-DX-68HAYT-171901&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CMPSivTPxs4CFY5ZhgodE5UNGg

I got mine from the local walmart but this would be the same thing. Same dimensions. It's student enough for me to sit on 210 and my uncle 230. I out s igloo cooler pad on top of mine and it's a little added comfort. I store 3 life jackets, my Nav lights, spare batteries for them, misc tools, cup holders, and ropes in mine and it's packed. Which probably helps the stability of it. I've thought about getting one of those rtic coolers but the weight of it doesn't appeal to me.

Picking up my Cmc pt-35 tomorrow! Finally found a deal for one on Craigslist. Any advice from the guys who have mounted one?

Has anyone ever purchased a Alumacraft side storage box from Ak Mccallumco one of the sponsors? It's a good price. Curious of the quality, the weather proofness, and where they can actually be mounted. (Preferably I'd like to mount it up against my front deck to keep weight forward)

It looks great.

I have a question though, how much risk is there having both the gas and batt's. in the same covered location? I know the batt's are covered on there own preventing spark from "spreading" but couldn't fumes get into the batt, case and ignite if there is a spark?

I've thought about that and it worries me a little bit, but there is about a 2" gap along the transom side of the aft cover. I thought that would provide enough ventilation, still am contemplating putting a few vents into the top of it though.

I have a similar gap. The area really isn't "enclosed" like on some larger boats.

I also wonder, what with the new closed fuel systems, if ANY fumes ever get out.

Now, if you have an older fuel setup, there is the chance for some fumes but the open area should take care of any accumulation IMO.

richg99