My new project - 12' Sears Semi-V *Pic Update 3/21*

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top half was done with spray paint, the bottom half is actually Steelflex and was applied with a roller.

I'll likely spray paint the motor.

Just an update.........

I'm going to be starting up again on this in the next couple of weeks. My goal is to have this 99.99% done before the end of March. I have 3 fishing trips booked with the wife up in the Adirondacks through spring and summer, so I'd like to get this done within a week or two of ice out in March.

Below is my wiring diagram. I'll be throwing an extra 40amp fuse just in front of the battery that isn't included in this diagram, as well as a 2 bank onboard charger.

WiringDiagramv2.jpg

Also today I just had these seats delivered. I earned a bunch of points on my Bass Pro card over the fall with work travel I was able to expense......unfortunately I had over $100 points expire but still had enough to get these for free. They are the Bass Pro Tourney Special Low Back seats. Can't see the color real well here, but they are a nice bright blue and gray, and should match the boat perfectly.

photo-9.jpg

Great looking decals you scored there. Did you pick them up off of ebay or order direct? I'm also looking to repaint a motor.

Hey i work at BPS and if some of your points expire, just go up to customer service and see if they can reactive them.

Boy I'm going to have a big update thread this weekend to post here. I pulled the cover off last weekend and really went to town on the boat. Last weekend, I managed to cut the top off the center bench and gut it, carpet and install tops for both benches including a hatch w/ stainless piano hinge for the middle bench, build a frame to hold both my batteries and my new 2 bank charger inside the middle bench, wire in the charger and install the power cord port on the side of the bench, carpet and install a very small front deck on the front for the new 45lb MK Edge foot control motor, I installed the motor, and I installed all seat pedestal bases. It was a long two days, but I'm really starting to make progress and it's starting to really look good.

Last night I also built and carpeted the box for my fuse panel and my switch panel. All the wiring showed up yesterday and I have a new pair of Humminbird 570 DI's that should be here by this weekend too. This upcoming weekend the plan is to wire the whole boat up and get all the electronics in working order. I also bought the aluminum angle and rivet tool today, so I'm hoping to get the front floor area framed and in place once the electric is done, and then get the front floor cut, carpeted, and installed. I'm hoping I'll have the boat 99% done after this weekend, just in time for the lakes to hopefully open up in my area. :mrgreen:

I'm heading out of town tomorrow till Friday, so I'll have to wait till then to post pictures. I'll have a good picture update this weekend though.

Can't wait to see the finished project. I have a 14 foot Memphis Belle V-hull with a 10hp Honda 4stroke that is my project for April. I will be posting my progress.

Can't wait to see the finished project. I have a 14 foot Memphis Belle V-hull with a 10hp Honda 4stroke that is my project for April. I will be posting my progress.

Thanks guys, I'm out of town right now for work, but can't wait to get home for the weekend and get back to work on it and to take some pics to share.

Rick James said:
Just an update.........

I'm going to be starting up again on this in the next couple of weeks. My goal is to have this 99.99% done before the end of March. I have 3 fishing trips booked with the wife up in the Adirondacks through spring and summer, so I'd like to get this done within a week or two of ice out in March.

Below is my wiring diagram. I'll be throwing an extra 40amp fuse just in front of the battery that isn't included in this diagram, as well as a 2 bank onboard charger.

WiringDiagramv2.jpg

Hi Rick!
I'm new to the site and am working on a project similar to yours. I am rather impressed by the work so far and I'll probally capitalize on a few of your ideas.
If I could ask question based soley on your wiring schematic. Where are you placing the fuses for the trolling motor and other accessories? Are they on the battery or a distance away from the battery?

Merlin said:
Hi Rick!
I'm new to the site and am working on a project similar to yours. I am rather impressed by the work so far and I'll probally capitalize on a few of your ideas.
If I could ask question based soley on your wiring schematic. Where are you placing the fuses for the trolling motor and other accessories? Are they on the battery or a distance away from the battery?

I built a box and carpeted it, and inside I put my fuse panel, and cut a hole in the front for my switch panel. The box was mounted on the port side of the boat, on the back bench. I also mounted one of my new Humminbird 570 DI's on top. I'll post some pics of this specifically next weekend when I take it out to finish it.

So I got another massive chunk of work done this weekend. I'm literally almost done except for cutting out, carpeting, and mounting the floor area in the front, as well as bolting some small accessories on like cleats on all corners and the RAM mounts to secure my Rino 530hcx that I keep all my waypoints on. I should be done with all that this upcoming weekend. I still plan to degrease and paint the motor, just haven't had the warm weather we need for paint to dry well.

Anyhow, last weekend I cut the top off the middle bench, gutted it, then built a frame for my battery boxes and the two bank charger along with the plug port. This weekend I focused on wiring the whole boat. I installed both my anchor and bow light receptacles, a bilge pump in the back, and both of my new sonar units were installed/wired, and had the transducers mounted. I also fabricated the front floor support frame out of aluminum. I was amazed at how easy it was to work with the aluminum, I bought a $20 cut off wheel from Harbor freight and just fabricated each piece by measuring, cutting, and notching carefully.

I should finish the boat next weekend, but for now I've included a handful of pics from my cell phone.

photo2-6.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo6-3.jpg

photo-13.jpg

lookin really good !!!!! My boat is almost like yours. How do you find the seat mounts ?
I like you 570DI Im waiting for mine to come in.

Same here, I have nearly an identical boat. I like your front casting deck made for the bow mount motor. how did u set that up?

steelyhead17 said:
Just a rookie questions but doesnt your trolling motor need to be level?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure yet. :lol:

I'm going to hopefully take it out this weekend, if it poses a problem I'll make up a wedge shaped block tou mount it on that makes it more level, and then try it again.

mattmean said:
Same here, I have nearly an identical boat. I like your front casting deck made for the bow mount motor. how did u set that up?

I cut it out of 3/4" hardwood ply, then sealed with Thompsons Water Seal. Then I carpeted it with rubber backed outdoor carpet. Then I mounted it to the gunwhale of the boat using stainless screw type anchors that are designed for anchoring drywall to aluminum studs. Seems pretty sturdy as of now, I'm happy with it.