Need some advice / guidance on first build Alweld 1652j

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice boat.I am curious to see how she runs with that moter :mrgreen: I ran 6 ga wires for the trolling moter in the indentation in the hull on the side of the hull under the ribs.I used a plummers snake to get the wires in that indentation through the seat.The wires are exposed but how cares/Not running a gritter boat!I have a set of 6 ga wires for my anchor winch on the bbow too.I then used zip ties to hold them together.Im glad to see you are getting your boat done =D>

I went back and looked at your first pictures of your boat and I see that area on your boat will hold the wires nice>i was going to run mine under th floor but after thinking about it I decided to keep the wires up and off the floor so they would be not be exposed to water

Run your tm batteries or battery in the front compartment. If you are only using a 12v system put it on the left side if you fish by yourself a lot to help keep the boat from leaning when your running.

I just saw you have 24v tm. When I bought my 1652j last year I had my battery sitting lose and not mounted so I could move everything around to find out where I needed weight or didn't to make it run the way I wanted. The biggest mistake I made with my new hull last year was running it with only gas tanks in it the first few times before rigging it. Every time I added weight it lost a little performance.

Chewie said:
Nice rig, good job!!! How do you like that E-tec?

it's a 46 year and 65 horse jump from my last motor. So I really have nothing to compare it to as far as ""new motor vs. new motor" BUT, being an evinrude fan, it was the only option. =) and yes, I absolutely LOVE IT.

I've wanted a jet for about 5 years, lots of moons, beers and sweat to get what i wanted. but hey, here she is!

I hit 37 mph today ( gps ) up river with 3 people, gear, and two 6 gallon fuel tanks full, had a cooler too. I can tell you that this 8" of water and less stuff makes my... well, I pinch my seat we will say that... Jets are scary fun. and I'm sure I had it in sections of 3" water today at full speed loaded up. it was a BLAST!

that is good speed.I wish I lived closer to you so i could check out your boat in person.My 40/30 yamaha pushes my 1648 about 27mph and I never load her up.I keep it light so she performs.I have been in scary shallow water when you look down but never let off her when your running that shallow :mrgreen:

hotshotinn said:
that is good speed.I wish I lived closer to you so i could check out your boat in person.My 40/30 yamaha pushes my 1648 about 27mph and I never load her up.I keep it light so she performs.I have been in scary shallow water when you look down but never let off her when your running that shallow :mrgreen:

I already got the education about staying in the throttle. LMAO! I was going into a shoal that turned about 90 degrees and got spooked so i let out of her... This disabled any turning response and put me right into the limbs of a downed tree hanging into the river... OOOoopsss!!! I had a buddy riding in front of me with his jet who saw the whole thing. He laughed is rear off while we fought off the limbs and spiders. I was waiting for a snake to land in the boat but thankfully that never happened. so when in doubt... GIVE IT MORE GAS!!!! lol, I will get some videos posted when I get a chance of my local river. It's hard to take any sort of quality video while you are concentrating on your next line.

are the impellers balanced? I have a small vibration i get in my tiller handle, and I'm thinking the impeller isn't balanced well or something... It is aluminum. Would a stainless impeller help with this issue?

I would think the impeller would have to be along ways out of wack to get a vibration in the tiller handle.The impeller does have fins but they are nothing like a prop,when a prop is out of wack you can feel it no problem.Maybe you should call outboard jets and ask a teck there.I have called and talked to a man there and he helped me out,cant remember his name though.here is their number
510-562-6049

Latest posts