New member looking for ideas for an 11ft tinny

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the impulse decision in my head on friday arvo that I would paint the boat after all, so I picked up 2lt of Etch primer and 2lt of 2 pac paint.
I finished cleaning the oxidisation out of the inside and vacuumed it out.
Sat moring I sprayed the hull, then in the afternoon I turned it over and primed the inside.
This morning I finished spraying the inside.
I will give it another coat next weekend when its not 105°f, as I'm burnt, dehydrated and generally pretty damb knackered.
After the next coat I will give it some dark grern and brown to cam it up a bit.
But this afternoon I'm putting in 4 rod holders and I'm carpeting the floor in artificial grass so its cool and soft on my feet.
That will do until a mate gets back from holidays, then I can borrow the gear I need to make a platform/locked compartment up the front out of checker plate ally.
Besides I just saw a 10ft tinny in a yard for sale around the corner thats screaming to get fixed up, if I can get it at a good price I will have another little project.

15152985460850.jpg

15152985880311.jpg

15152986370252.jpg

Now I've put the grass carpet in and mounted two of the rod holders, it should be good now until I'm ready for the last bit.

15153038947110.jpg

Edit to add, I found the other two rod holders, so its got 4 rod holdes now.

15153081480560.jpg