New TM hook-up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnels

Reaction score
Just got back from Cabela's with my new trolling motor. It's a Minn-Kota Power Drive V2 50# thrust. I wanted something with a small footprint and a small foot controller because of the small front deck on my deep-vee. The manual isn't clear and there is a tag on the wire that says to install a 50amp manual reset circuit breaker between the motor & battery because the boats wiring may not be adequate. I currently have no wiring on the boat & planned on hooking the motor up directly to the battery. The factory wire is long enough to do that. what would be your recommendations?

For years I never used a breaker,still don't if I use my little 30lbsTM.
I did put one on,for my 50lbs TM,a manual reset 50amp circuit breaker.They are pretty cheap and they could save your trolling motor...one less thing to worry about.

You don't have to put a circuit breaker. The manual reset ones are expensive. Instead you can you a 50 amp inline fuse and just carry a extra fuse.

BLK fisher said:
You don't have to put a circuit breaker. The manual reset ones are expensive. Instead you can you a 50 amp inline fuse and just carry a extra fuse.
Expensive??
$10,shipped to Canada...ebay.
A fuse will work as well.

Latest posts