Once upon a time there was a 14' JB...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftCoastAngler said:
Picture166.jpg

Picture167.jpg

looks sweet man!!!sooo jealous,,lol

i think if i put a floor deck on my 1232,,, i think me and my son would tip over..lol i gotta get a way to buy a 1448.. but yeah im still hating,,lol

hey are you going to resurface the bottom? are ya gonna use steelflex,,, cuz at Tamahoney is toooooo expensive the epoxy sealer.

Thanks fellas... :D She's drying oh so lovely. That liquid nails really handles the biz...

To answer your question about the trolling motor. YES. The MinnKota RipTide goes up on the bow. It's a hand controlled one. I've got a buddy with the foot operated gimmick, and I never got used to it to like it...

When using that SteelFlex you speak of, do you have to sand down the bottom? I'd like to weigh my options for that too... I even thought about RhinoLiner'n the inside! That would probably work aswell... I just dunno how it would react with SaltyWaters...

My thought on it would be that you could literally seal the boat from the inside out with the RhinoLiner... Especially rivetted boats... Plus it would kinda act as a insulation/noise reduction... :idea: Not to mention purrty'n up the rig. Covering up cosmetic flaws... Which are quite plentiful on mine... #-o

~LCA.

Waterwings said:
Are you talking about the Rhinoliner? Just curious as to how much weight that would add to a boat. How thick would it be?

From what I've seen, it's about 1/8" thick, and I doubt it'd weigh a pound sprayed completey on the boat. There's nothing to it at all... Weight wise; that is...

I think there's another brand called Herculiner aswell... Probably the cheaper knock-off brand.

~LCA.

LeftCoastAngler said:
Waterwings said:
Are you talking about the Rhinoliner? Just curious as to how much weight that would add to a boat. How thick would it be?

From what I've seen, it's about 1/8" thick, and I doubt it'd weigh a pound sprayed completey on the boat. There's nothing to it at all... Weight wise; that is...

I think there's another brand called Herculiner aswell... Probably the cheaper knock-off brand.

~LCA.

I believe it is. There's also the other brand they use on pickup beds called Linex I believe, and goes on thinner than the Rhinoliner.

I used Tuff Coat from Basspro:
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=74554&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults
I weighted about 5-10lbs for the gallon. It turned out great and I would use it again.

tornado said:
I used Tuff Coat from Basspro:
I weighted about 5-10lbs for the gallon. It turned out great and I would use it again.

Thanks for the link. What a place that BPS is! What's the final dried texture with that stuff? It says rubbery on the item descrip... I'd probably like the dried, solid look like the RhinoLiner if that's the case...
That would be water weight you weighed... Evaporation and the drying process would eliminate the majority of the can'd weight... :wink: Right :?:

~LCA.

I know a fella that bought a gallon of herculiner and ended up only using 1/2 of the gallon and that was with three coats! It was a 1236 flat jon.

Lesson learned was that once you open the can its gotta be used. so he wished he had his trailer prepped and ready cause he would've painted the trailer too and he would have had plenty to do it with. :roll:

Here is what the finish looks like, look at the side behind the rods.
I did the sides, inside the center storage console and the back battery compartment. The 1 gallon just barely covered it all with two coats. I went to Lowes to get some regular exterior house paint that matched the Tuff Coat to finish some surfaces that didn't get covered.

Attachments

• finished+boat+3+middle.jpg
    finished+boat+3+middle.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 713
Looks good Tornado. Two coats eh? I'll have to check into it... Thanks for the pic. It helps alot... A pictures worth a thousand words! =D>
Geez... I can't wait until Sept when Snookie Season opens up! I'm gonna put a hurtin' on 'em this winter! =P~

~LCA.

3hr Maiden Voyage:

Took my daughter out for a little 'test n tune' sesh this morning... The deck is to my liking. It's just what the boat needed... I do need to make something for a trolling motor mount because clipping it to the bow of the boat worried me a little... The MinnKota RipTide just didn't seat too well on 'er... I also need to think about some kinda bilge pump goin' on... I do believe water collects...

It needs some sort of out rigging like this:

These are not my pictures I found them on the WWW so please don't hate on me whoever owns them... [-o<

~LCA.

gheenoe-trolling-motor-mount-4.jpg

gheenoe-trolling-motor-mount-2.jpg

Came out nice. You'll soon find yourself where I was last year...Sitting in a small Jon boat that I couldn't stand up on and stretch my legs. We just sold our 12'er and upgraded to a 16'er that we built thanks to help from this site. The nice thing is that what you have now is worth good $$ to someone whose tool box only consists of duct tape. Nice job.