Outboard motor setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Stansbury

Reaction score
Where can I find instructions on how to setup an outboard motor like depth and tilt?

All over the internet, a simple search will open many pages of info!! Height is set with cav plate even with the bottom of the hull when motor is trimmed so cav plate is parallel to bottom of hull...a simple straight edge comming off the bottom will get you aligned. This is your starting point, fine tune your performance from this setup.

All over the internet, a simple search will open many pages of info!! Height is set with cav plate even with the bottom of the hull when motor is trimmed so cav plate is parallel to bottom of hull...a simple straight edge comming off the bottom will get you aligned. This is your starting point, fine tune your performance from this setup.
Okay then that's what I found during my search thanks

Now that you have the depth solved, the boat and it's performance will tell you which trim setting is best. Too tight into the transom and the bow will dig and try to steer the boat. Too far out from the transom and the prop will blow out and it won't plane correctly. Your only going to have 2 or 3 choices so try all of them and pick the best depending on how the boat is loaded.