Pine Trailer Bows on MirroCraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaqueRatt

Reaction score
Bought these bow sockets on-line and ripped the bows out of a clear straight 2x4 for my 14' Deep Fisherman. Not sure how long they'll last, but they seem good and strong. No signs of breaking. Are 3 sufficient? If can't get the cover tighter in the back I'm going to lay a length of 2x4 across a few inches in front of the transom. Did I do OK or is this destined to fail?

Attachments

• Mirro Bows 01.jpg
    Mirro Bows 01.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Mirro Bows 04.jpg
    Mirro Bows 04.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mirro Bows 05.jpg
    Mirro Bows 05.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mirro Bows 06.jpg
    Mirro Bows 06.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Mirro Bows 07.jpg
    Mirro Bows 07.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1
You did fine, except the cover will need to be taught in order to shed water. Did the same on my 14' tinnie but made my cover taught and used snaps all around rather than straps.

I think you did better than just OK. Will the cover go over the outboard? That would provide the tenting you need back there. (Is tenting a word? IDK). If not the 2x you mention might do it, or use a "tent pole" back there.

Nice job. My only thought would be add something lengthwise across the top of the bows. This would strengthen the assembly and tighten up the cover a bit. Like Airshot said, any low spots will collect collect water. In my case that’s snow and ice too.

Great job. I use these from Home Depot.IMG_3014.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7056.jpeg
    IMG_7056.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
I have all fiberglass bows, previous owner ran { 6 } of em ' 14ft troller with a full snap cover / thing is when he passed whom ever got the boat before me did not keep up with the water proofing of canvas or keep it totaly on. A couple can's every now and then OF SILICONE SPRAY helps soooo much with keeping water out! & don't forget keeping your boat on trailer with cover buy an xtra Tarp the Gray one's they last a good while & are waterproof throw it over your canvas cover & protect both. an 30,$ tarp will save you from having to go out and buy a $????.00 new canvas! I got one and it's still being used 10 yrs. going into, & my Jon been dry as a bone every spring I opened it.