Please explain to me why moose are so dangerous?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butthead

Reaction score
Is this guy Pedobear's cousin? Seriously, I don't get it.

NeighborhoodWatch_crop.jpg

I understand that you're trying to solicit humor from the sign, but......

It's because kids aren't smart enough to stay away from the baby moose that's soooo cuute!, and try to pet it. That's when mama moose steps in and defends her child from the nasty humans. In this case, the humans are trying to lay the blame on the mooses, (mise, meese?), instead of blaming themselves for not training thier spawn to stay away from the wildlife.

Roger

GTS225 said:
I understand that you're trying to solicit humor from the sign, but......

It's because kids aren't smart enough to stay away from the baby moose that's soooo cuute!, and try to pet it. That's when mama moose steps in and defends her child from the nasty humans. In this case, the humans are trying to lay the blame on the mooses, (mise, meese?), instead of blaming themselves for not training thier spawn to stay away from the wildlife.

Roger

HAHA, I wish this was the case. This sign is in the urban jungle of Hyattsville, MD. I've seen a few deer around here in the last 15 years, but I'm VERY sure we don't have any moose.

Moose lodge emblem, hence the circle around it. Must have been some kind of awareness campaign maybe?

Hmmm....That puts a bit different spin on things. Perhaps a local moose member or lodge officer has been accused, or even adjudicated as a child molester?

Roger

I'm more inclined to think that a moose lodge was responsible for putting up the sign. I'm not a member but I know they have several programs for families and children.

Found this from a O'fallon Illinois public works minutes from a meeting:

"POI: Moose Lodge Signs – Staff communicated the request by the O’Fallon/ Fairview Heights Moose Lodge to place “Protect Our Children” signs at the east and west ends of Hwy 50 in O’Fallon and at Community Park. The committee members expressed a desire to see the proposed 18” x 24” signs, and commented that while the sign’s purpose is admirable, it may set a precedent that will cause a proliferation of signs along our streets. Staff will ask the lodge to consider spearheading an effort to establish a single point for displaying all fraternal organization signs."

Also found an archived article from a 1955 paper where they talked about a protect our children sign sponsored by a moose lodge.

I would also agree that it's the Moose Lodge program to protect children. Notice that the sign is attached to one of the posts for the Neighborhood Watch program.