Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sirknight said:
Thx for welcome. Yes, I would like to put in new seats. This is my first boat. Im just looking for ideas to make it better.

You certainly came to the right place. Check out the mods section and you'll be amazed!

The "lil jon" 1032 tracker been out a few times, great little boat the 50lb thrust Minn kota moves it well, but saving up for a 2.5hp Mercury.

Attachments

• IMG_5740_net.JPG
    IMG_5740_net.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,508
the rasta rocket
ATTACH]

this is my baby =D> =D>
G3 185 150hp yamaha 4 stroker 8hp yamaha 4 stroker
bluedog
ps
easyest site to add pictures ever
thankx

Attachments

• G3.jpg
    G3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,458
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 1,458
I recently acquired (traded a deer rifle for it) this 1538 Fisher Marine. It came with a 40# Minn Kota, 20hp Mercury, anchor mate, and side console. This is the earliest pic I have of it. I've currently got it gutted, and starting on the mods. I've removed the console and converted the motor to tiller. Going to put a half height deck up front and a small deck (read enlarged bench) in the back. I'm limited to working on my boat outdoors so progress is touch and go right now.

DSC00194.jpg

1959 Sea Nymph with 1959 Johnson 5 1/2.

Here is another project boat I have been working on. This is a 14’ V bottom aluminum Sea Nymph form the 50’s. It was well endowed with the usual 1000 coats of paint and silicone calk. After several pressure washings it was time to get out the big guns. A DEWALT angle grinder with 2.5” wire rope wheel. After several days of scuffing off old bottom paint it was time to check for holes and cracks. To my surprise there weren’t as many as my friends suspected. I/We took out the heavy lights at night and found a few more. Marking them with a parts marker we were able to ID and dig out them all.
Once this was done I pulled out my aluminum 150 Miller mig welder got her set up for the approx. heat and flow and with a few brews later she was sealed up like a drum. You will be able to see in the photos the zip ties I use to mark holes for gouging. The hard part here was keeping my WIFE from pulling them out for her use. (Hand Cuffs on me)
Once this was all done I went through the rivets re-stamping them where needed and then surfacing them with Marine grade 5200 for below waterline.
Then it was time to clean up and acid bath the entire boat rinse and dry for a couple days.
Next you will see her getting several coats of Rust-o-lium gloss oil base paint.
I chose the original colors Black on bottom and stern and Red on the gunnels. When this had dried for several days a buddy came by for a brew or more so we flipped her over on her trailer. I then did the final clean up on the inside and shot her with same paint only Gray.
At this point I pulled out the pressure treated 5/4 board and fit it in the stern. Then I removed it back out and totally painted the boards Black to match the bottom and help preserve them for many years to come. When dry I reinstalled them and mounted them with S/S screws.
Then after painting the gusset plates / handles back on. Now she is looking pretty good so I pulled in a favor (remember the zip ties?) Well she who MUST be obeyed has a graphic shop and she cut out me a set of the original football shape Sea Nymph logos.
Now she is starting to look good.

Attachments

• after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 1,394
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 1,394
  • Sea Nymph (3).jpg
    Sea Nymph (3).jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 1,393
]this is my custom made Seaark 2472 with a modified 200+ hp motor that now puts out 240hp after a diffrent crank and pistons, some porting and carbs, and exhaust work

Attachments

• Hozzier Daddy on the river.jpg
    Hozzier Daddy on the river.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,591
  • guys fishing trip may 2009 010.JPG
    guys fishing trip may 2009 010.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,591
That is one monster of a tin! Love the paint job too.

And...before I forget...Welcome to TinBoats. Good to have another Missouri guy here.

Recently I bought a Polar Kraft 1651, has a Mercury 200 20 hp and an old Evenrude trolling motor. This picture was taken when I brought it home. Since I have added a cover. I also want to rewire it adding a fuse block with a ground buss.

DSC03966.JPG

DSC03964.JPG
Getting ready for a test drive, that's the previous owner in the drivers seat.

There's a valco...gotta love 'Em. Good work. I like the natural look of wood - nice to see someone else skipping on the carpet.

Thank you roadkill and JDholmes...it was my Dad's boat...fixed it up a little...has a 7.5 Mercury from circa 1980 that starts right up!

1959 (I think) Arkansas Traveler DUT-14 14', v-hull, runabout turned fishing/flats boat with a 1966 Johnson FD-20C 20 hp. Nothing fancy, but she's fun, and brings me home every time.....so far. Still a work in progress. Want to add a detachable poling platform and/or helm one day, but she runs great as is with the good 'ol $2 PVC tiller extension too. Here are some before and after pics. The after are at the top :)

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,478
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,478
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 1,478
  • 20120128183755.jpg
    20120128183755.jpg