PowerDrive v2 gurus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
Well i got my trolling motor fixed and it works SOMEWHAT that dreaded foot pedal. Does anyone know how to take apart the foot pedal and maybe cleaning it. Is it even worth trying to do it sometimes it works sometimes i gotta step on it harder sometimes i gotta kick it and cuss it and well then sometimes it just wants to get stuck or take over on its own. any insight will greatly be appreciated.

I fixed mine.(the turning was getting hard to the left,the speed worked fine)
Took it apart,cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol,cotton swab.
Added a thin piece of plastic,where it makes contacts to the board for turning.
It worked great for awhile(month)...then I decided to clean/scrape the connections in the plug,while at the lake with my pocket knife.Should of disconnected it from the battery,one little spark and lost my speed control,still turned but no speed.
Kinda wrecked my day on the water,don't realize how much you depend on the TM till it's broke.

There's repair manuals to be found online that can help you abit and there's always a new foot pedal to be bought online if it goes bad.
For me,my old PD was 13 years old,the foot pedal fixed by me(how long it would have lasted?)and then I messed up the circuit board....figured to much to fix so made it into a hand tiller model,using a traxxis var. speed motor.

Minn Kota Repair Manual.pdf
Type this into google,I tried to upload it for you but it's to big(8.18MB)

Very funny you mentioned this. I bought my V2 last March.....this winter I was in my boat cleaning it in the garage and accidentally stepped on the pedal...but it didn't work....so I took a closer look. Between mid-range speeds on cont or momentary it did not work.

I called Minn-kota, they suggested dunking it in water to clean dirt out....so I did...and it actually worked...until it dried out...then same problem.
So Minn-kota told me to bring it to a dealer to have a look...was still under warranty. (had to bring both the pedal and motor in) The guy took a quick look at the pedal for dirt...but there wasn't any....said it was a bad contact board where the magnet slides.....they ended up replacing the pedal under warranty. Just picked it up today.
After only a year use...and I don't fish hard...maybe once a week.....has to be a design issue.

Sounds like you are experiencing the same issues.

Latest posts