Question about homemade Livewells using a bilge pump...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the cooler i decided to go with for my livewell build. Found it on craigslist for $25!

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Brine said:
That looks like a winner to me.

bad news, got it home, put it in the boat and its WAAAAY too big hahaha...super bummed. But on the bright side i scored a huge cooler for $25 bucks when it should have cost me $100+ for something this size.

back to square one.

:roflmao:

Yah... I know that feeling. However, I'm not sure on how you plan on using the livewell, but if it's for keeping 5 bass alive in a tournament, I would make sure you have something that will hold at least 25 gallons of water. If that's the case, I would rather see the cooler sticking up and out of the deck, than 5 fish floating upside down at the end of the tourney. .

Brine said:
:roflmao:

Yah... I know that feeling. However, I'm not sure on how you plan on using the livewell, but if it's for keeping 5 bass alive in a tournament, I would make sure you have something that will hold at least 25 gallons of water. If that's the case, I would rather see the cooler sticking up and out of the deck, than 5 fish floating upside down at the end of the tourney. .

True, but this thing severely interferes with the design ive come up with for the rod boxes i plan on putting in. Im gonna try to find a cooler that is taller than it is long.