Questions about wiring Bigfoot switch into a trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1957Crestliner12

Reaction score
A question about wiring a Bigfoot switch into a trolling motor before I pull the trigger on one.

I have a Minn Kota Endura mounted on the transom.

I want the option of using the Bigfoot switch at the front of the boat or the Endura tiller control at the back of the boat.

If the Bigfoot is a momentary "on" switch, how would I use the Endura tiller control at the back of the boat?

Thank You,

Rod
Oriental, NC

Its momentary but has a lever you fold over it to hold on. You have to have your tiller on to do this. When you wanna run from the rear. You just flip the lever on the bigfoot and run as normal. Big foot really should operate a relay. Not the motor itself.

Bigfoot switches are OK. I went with the ones made by T&H Marine. I got them when my dad switched to foot controll for his bass boat. The Bigfoot switches only last about two years exposed to the elements before replacing or buying a rebuild kit. The T&H Marine swithces were on the deck of the boat for 11 years and still work fine for me. Note also with the lever pushed up on the switch and the trolling motor running swiching speeds will cause the contacts in the switch to ark reducing the life of the switch. A simple fix is to use a penny (get one from the seventys because it has more copper in it) and use it as a new bottom contact the top contact will be just fine(only do this when the contacts get bad).