Salt water motor???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep you guys up to date on it. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with it, kinda depends on the amount of damage it has and what parts I can get the hold of. One things for sure, it's gonna be a speed demon.

Well, I got the motor last week. Fist off, I HATE SALTWATER!!!! For every 2 bolts I'd pull out I'd break one. At least it seemed that way. Got it apart turns out the middle cyinder got hot broke a ring and chewed up the cylinder head and a chunk of this piston started to break or melt.Haven't really figured that one out yet. It's missing about 2 inches of the ring that did break. Good news is .040 over should clean up the cylinders and there isn't any bad corrsion from the salt. It is the exact motor I thought it was so it should make some real nice power. I'll have to get a new head but that's only a extra $100. I'm trying to decide if I want to get into rebuilding it right now or put it on the back burner for now.