Santee, 4/10 - 4/12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Had the annual Santee trip with the gang (9 of us in all) this past weekend and thought I would post the results. Tally for the trip was 24 Blues, 2 Flatheads, and 1 Channel Cat. Smallest was 10lb., and the largest was 27.7 lbs. Had a great trip, and weather co- operated (for once :lol: ). All caught on cut Herring......

A few Pics:

21.5 Flathead,
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

21 lb. Blue,
IMG_0221.jpg

27.7 Blue.
IMG_0214.jpg

Getting a workout, After pitching about 5 or so on the bank, it gets rough!
IMG_0213.jpg

My new Screensaver,
IMG_0227.jpg

Action,
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Another nice couple of Blues,
IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Starting to load up the cart(s),
IMG_0217.jpg

Chillin'
IMG_0216.jpg

Best time to get bit seemed to be in the early morning (beautiful too!)

All in all a great trip. Got to see all the boys again and tell more fish stories. we will be back in the fall to try it again. Hope we have as good a trip.
IMG_0228.jpg

That's awesome! I've always wanted to get over there and fish that lake. Hopefully one day... :(

Great Job! :beer:

Captain Ahab said:
Great report - your flatheads are sooo green. The flatheads here are a dark brown

Thanks folks! It was a great time. Those Flatheads are MEAN. I had the pleasure of catching a 42 lb. one last year and with 20lb. test, he about spooled me :shock: .

They are a beautiful catfish, and the Arkansas Blues rank right up there as well.

SWEET ! Great report and very nice Cats :)
Be careful with landing those fish with the net like that , its likely to break . Keep the weight on the handle and not on the ring part of the net ;) You never want the fish (or net) to be higher than the hands when lifting . Once the fish is in the net you can lift vertically .. he wont get out :)
That last pic looks so peaceful :)
WTG Wormy !!

hengstthomas said:
SWEET ! Great report and very nice Cats :)
Be careful with landing those fish with the net like that , its likely to break . Keep the weight on the handle and not on the ring part of the net ;) You never want the fish (or net) to be higher than the hands when lifting . Once the fish is in the net you can lift vertically .. he wont get out :)
That last pic looks so peaceful :)
WTG Wormy !!

Thanks Hengs, and good point. I will keep that in mind.... Hate to lose one on account of that.

Latest posts