Seat Mounted Center Console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMack

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 1.30.02 PM.png

Does anyone know where I can get this console? I found the photo on an internet search and it says Gilmore Marine but I can't locate it on their site. I am thinking about converting my 12' Sears Gamefisher to a seat mounted center console and this would be perfect. Has anyone else done this to a 12' boat? Am I crazy?
Thanks, Dan

I have a seat mounted mirrorcraft console on my 14’, center seat, right side. It would difficult to mount center because of the steering/engine cable routing.

The picture doesn’t show steering, throttle, gear cables, so they would have to run downward and aft to the left or right side of the boat, then up to the engine.

Without sub-floors you would have your cables laying in the middle of your boat, right in the area you would be standing/seating.

Cable routing is the main reasons boats without sub-floors mount consoles on the side of the boat.

Just something to consider, one of features of a center console is that you can walk around the console.

With a seat mount, you still have to step over the seats, and if in the center, both sides.

My boat I thinks is 55" wide, so with the console on the right, I have plenty of room to get over the seat.

The pictured console, looks like a nice console.

I installed a standup center console in my 1650. It was mounted to the right of center a little bit so that the steering wheel is in the center of the boat but the remote shifter is closer to the right side. This allowed my steering cable to exit the right side of the console along with the shifter and throttle cables. I then covered them with some sheet aluminum for protection. So far it's worked out great. If the boat wasn't covered for the season I'd take a pic or two and show you the setup. The console can confuse some people though. I couldn't afford a twin binnacle shifter setup for it so it does have two shifters mounted on the console. The one on the left side is for the kicker motor when its installed. The only thing the two systems have in common is the steering.