Seat Reviews

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1345 said:
One more thing that I would add is that any seat with exposed plastic and/or metal makes me worry about pressure points.

One of the nice things about the Tempress design is that there is no plastic coming into contact with your body.
Just cushion. =D>

I haven't tried all of the seats out there, so I'm not saying that the Tempress Navistyle is "the best", but it is the most comfortable (and well built) boat seat that I have ever owned, so I feel safe recommending it to people.

You could do a lot worse.

Thanks again, I really do like the Tempress seats, maybe I can find a good deal.

Yeah, the only real negative with the Tempress is the price.
$200+ dollars for 2 seats is hard for a lot of people to swallow.

Hopefully you can find a nice deal on them (if you choose to buy them).

Now you guys have me re-thinking my decision. I recently purchased an Attwood Venture (unpadded) from Walmart for around $40. I got the idea from bobberboy's Lowe 1236 modification; he reports that the seats are comfortable. An impressive modification and worth the time to read.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9712

I liked the idea of no rust, no cracked vinyl, no hooks struck in the seat. Never thought about pressure point; only long term maintenance and ability to cast.

Well, divide the price per seat by the hours you'll be in it and they are remarkably inexpensive.

Spent four in mine last night, better than a Lay-Z-Boy. I probably have 200hrs in mine and they have not begun to show their age (2 years). Another thing, I used the attwood pin mounts with the springs, one because I only needed two seats that could be moved to the fishing position vs. the running position and two because they have springs so there is a little bit of suspension. When the boat stays outside the seats come in too.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
Well, divide the price per seat by the hours you'll be in it and they are remarkably inexpensive.

Spent four in mine last night, better than a Lay-Z-Boy. I probably have 200hrs in mine and they have not begun to show their age (2 years). Another thing, I used the attwood pin mounts with the springs, one because I only needed two seats that could be moved to the fishing position vs. the running position and two because they have springs so there is a little bit of suspension. When the boat stays outside the seats come in too.

Jamie

Well I just spent 185.00 yesterday to have my bimini top frame extended another two feet higher.
IF my wife doesn't kill me I may get navistyle low backs. It's down to the wife now [-X