Seat Reviews

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned the Tempress high-back Navistyle seats for a few years now and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Well worth the money, even at full price.

I got mine off ebay for $70 each a few years ago, though, so that just makes me love them even more. \:D/

dadboattempress-1.jpg

dadboatinterior2.jpg

dadboatlivewell.jpg

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tournament-Pro-HiBack-Boat-Seats/product/10205157/-1646363

I just took one of the above seats out today. It was used only for a few times by my GF. It has the swivel attached to the bottom. If you like, I'd sell it to you cheap. You might be able to find a matching one at BPS. I did find it on sale there a few months ago.

nomowork said:
https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tournament-Pro-HiBack-Boat-Seats/product/10205157/-1646363

I just took one of the above seats out today. It was used only for a few times by my GF. It has the swivel attached to the bottom. If you like, I'd sell it to you cheap. You might be able to find a matching one at BPS. I did find it on sale there a few months ago.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

I forgot to mention one thing we found out during our last outing.

While plowing through some pretty good size swells and strong wind, sitting lower in the boat helps with the stability. My GF sat on the floor in the front and I was sitting on the rear bench (no seat there). That made a noticeable difference in the handling of the boat.

sirbeigealot said:
Captain Ahab said:
I used teh Overton Seats - high backs and the pedestal.

They make a great product and I think they are having a sale right now

https://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&Ne=1000&N=2080&cname=Boat-Seats

Thanks, I'll check it out
Overtons is great. I am ordering the wise low back chairs today. Cant beat the price at 70 bucks for two.

basstender10.6 said:
sirbeigealot said:
Captain Ahab said:
I used teh Overton Seats - high backs and the pedestal.

They make a great product and I think they are having a sale right now

https://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&Ne=1000&N=2080&cname=Boat-Seats

Thanks, I'll check it out
Overtons is great. I am ordering the wise low back chairs today. Cant beat the price at 70 bucks for two.

FYI, look up the item number on Overton's, and input it on Gander Mnt online. On Gander, most items are free shipping.

nomowork said:
I forgot to mention one thing we found out during our last outing.

While plowing through some pretty good size swells and strong wind, sitting lower in the boat helps with the stability. My GF sat on the floor in the front and I was sitting on the rear bench (no seat there). That made a noticeable difference in the handling of the boat.

I would agree that the handling would be better. What seating arrangement do you now have?
I bought six cushions for us to sit on, but my wife and I feel that we need seats.
I'm thinking how I'm gonna do it, we need some back support for those long outings.

sirbeigealot said:
I would agree that the handling would be better. What seating arrangement do you now have?
I bought six cushions for us to sit on, but my wife and I feel that we need seats.
I'm thinking how I'm gonna do it, we need some back support for those long outings.

I only have one seat on the center bench now.

As for cushions, we use the floatation cushions as some local lakes require that you have a throw floatation device as well as a life jacket for each person on board.

"Long outings" is kind of personal. Many times bodily functions dictate time on water. Our fiberglass boat has "hiding places" whereas our aluminum boat is pretty much all in the open! :lol:

nomowork said:
sirbeigealot said:

I only have one seat on the center bench now.

As for cushions, we use the floatation cushions as some local lakes require that you have a throw floatation device as well as a life jacket for each person on board.

"Long outings" is kind of personal. Many times bodily functions dictate time on water. Our fiberglass boat has "hiding places" whereas our aluminum boat is pretty much all in the open! :lol:

Yea we have the flotation cushions...we survived about six hours without having to "go"...dont know how we did it!

sirbeigealot said:
Yea we have the flotation cushions...we survived about six hours without having to "go"...dont know how we did it!

Funny thing about that. When we first started going fishing in the Sierras, we found out that the best bite is where there are fewer people or none at all which means no "conveniences". My GF used to make these monster breakfasts that put me at risk. I politely mentioned that although the meals were excellent, they were a bit much, so now we just have coffee, a little fruit and a pastry before heading out in the morning. Much better concentration on fishing! :lol:

nomowork said:
sirbeigealot said:

Funny thing about that. When we first started going fishing in the Sierras, we found out that the best bite is where there are fewer people or none at all which means no "conveniences". My GF used to make these monster breakfasts that put me at risk. I politely mentioned that although the meals were excellent, they were a bit much, so now we just have coffee, a little fruit and a pastry before heading out in the morning. Much better concentration on fishing! :lol:

I ate a big burrito beforehand. =D>

Does anyone have white seats in thier boat?

How would these look in a gray boat?
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fold-Down-fising-boat-seat-Atwood-Proform-pair-2-/170670057952?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item27bcba69e0#shId

I wanted gray seats, but these are normally 99.00 each and these are on sale for 99.00 for a pair.

sirbeigealot said:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fold-Down-fising-boat-seat-Atwood-Proform-pair-2-/170670057952?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item27bcba69e0#shId

My only concern with those seats would be the amount of padding.

From the pictures, it looks like they might not have a lot of it, which could prove to be uncomfortable after sitting on them all day (especially if you are a heavier person).

I've never sat on one though, so that is just based on what I am seeing in the photos.

That's the number one reason I like the Tempress so much. I am pretty heavy at 250 pounds, yet the seats are just as comfortable after 8 hours of fishing as they are after the first hour.

1345 said:
sirbeigealot said:

My only concern with those seats would be the amount of padding.

From the pictures, it looks like they might not have a lot of it, which could prove to be uncomfortable after sitting on them all day (especially if you are a heavier person).

I've never sat on one though, so that is just based on what I am seeing in the photos.

That's the number one reason I like the Tempress so much. I am pretty heavy at 250 pounds, yet the seats are just as comfortable after 8 hours of fishing as they are after the first hour.

You're starting to convince me, 1345! :)

One more thing that I would add is that any seat with exposed plastic and/or metal makes me worry about pressure points.

One of the nice things about the Tempress design is that there is no plastic coming into contact with your body.
Just cushion. =D>

I haven't tried all of the seats out there, so I'm not saying that the Tempress Navistyle is "the best", but it is the most comfortable (and well built) boat seat that I have ever owned, so I feel safe recommending it to people.

You could do a lot worse.