Short garage...what length boat will fit?? Probably need a15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Garage measures 19.5 feet. Might squeeze an inch or more by angling the boat.

The good thing is that I haven't bought the boat yet.

Just looked at a 16 foot tracker. With its over-sized older Merc engine on the stern, no way was that boat was going to fit.

So, if you have a 15 or 14 foot tinny, would you mind sharing the total, overall length of your rig?

I have, in the past, cut the tongue off of a trailer; and then added a sleeve...... and gained a bit of space. I don't want to do that or even have to add a hinge, but I will if I find the right boat that I can make fit. Any size inputs appreciated.

Thanks, rich

15' boat with trailer is what, probably 18'? Then add your out board you'll be getting close to that 19.5' garage space. I bet you can make it. I would seriously look into a fold away tongue hinge.

I have a 16ft 3inch boat, 1988 48hp johnson on a trailer made for it, I have 6 inches to spare in my 21 ft garage. Obviously my rig is 20.5 ft long, JFYI. No kind of hinge or sleeve at all is used.
Tim

My 14' Polar Kraft with 20 hp Honda and EZ Loader trailer is about 19.5' with the motor tilted up. If I tilted the motor down and put a swing away tongue on I could get a couple more feet clearance. My garage is 23' deep so it fits as is.

That is the reason I went with a G3 1448PF. Total length boat, motor and trailer is aprox 18 feet. Perfect fit.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358231#p358231 said:
richg99 » Yesterday, 20:07[/url]"]Thanks Earl. More of that data is what I need. Would you say that a hinge would make it fit into a 19.5 ft garage? Rich

Yah, probably would
Tim

Hey Rich, nice to see you posting. You still come up to WI?

to the point: My model F on trailer, slipped in at an diagonal, with the motor OFF, just barely let me close the sliding door on the 20 foot shed. I backed the F in, and pulled the model A in over the Winter, so the A's bow was alongside the F's stern. Angling them let me put the two boats in one bay in the shed, leaving room for the car in the middle and the canoes hanging from the rafters over the riding mower and stuff in the third bay.

I was quite proud. :)

Hope all is well.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358270#p358270 said:
richg99 » 04 Jul 2014, 08:14[/url]"]Thanks Rusty. How does your Polar plane with a 20 HP? I am a big guy (250 lbs) and I need a wide boat. Rich

I actually haven't been able to get it out and open it up yet. I've been fishing an electric only reservoir a lot and in a friends boat. The only time I had it out on the big lake I had a problem with my transom extension not allowing me to tilt the motor down far enough. I fixed that but haven't made it to the lake again (transom saver broke last time right after leaving the house). I hope to make it out tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. I'm 235 and have a considerable amount of weight in the floor and deck.

https://www.g3boats.com/gator_tough_1448_pf_-_1548_fl_-_aluminum_fishing_jon_boats

My boat and trailer combo is a 2009. It is shorter than what they posted. It could be because the outboard is a 2005 25 hp 2- stroke.

It can be ordered with a remove able trail guard tongue and that will make it fit with room to spare.

I have the boat out so I will measure it in a few minutes.

Total length of my setup is 18' 3" The trailer does not have the removable tongue option.

My Lund Alaskan 1600 (16'10") w/ 40 Merc fits in my 20' garage. I have to angle the boat slightly and I have a folding tongue (trailer, not me personally). :wink:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358337#p358337 said:
richg99 » Today, 20:33[/url]"]Thanks. There are two dealers within 50 miles. I will check them out. Rich

p.s. I really don't want to buy new, but.....

I will send you a PM. Check your mail

I have a Tracker 1542, Merc 9.9 4 stroke sitting on a Trailstar trailer with the engine in the normal running position it is 19' 5" from the ball socket to the outside of the engine cover.

It appears that I have bought a boat. It is a 96' Lowe 15'10" inches long with a 50 HP '96 Johnson.

Tongue on trailer is too long, but sleeving that (or adding a hinge) will let it fit.

Waiting until Monday to have my bank open. Guy wants cash money. I don't blame him. Hope it goes through OK.

Thanks for all of the help and input. Rich