Sixes new Setup: 1448 Alumacraft w/ 15 4strk Merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sixgun86 said:
The seats/mounts came from Grizzly Jig Fishing Co. They are a seller on ebay and have an online store as well. Called him up and told him what I wanted and he passed some of the savings on to me instead of buying through ebay/paypal as they can charge up to 12% of the sale. Nice guy, can't wait till they get here. They had the best price on Wise seating online that I could find during my 30min price search.

https://www.grizzlyjig.com/html/products.html

Six, the Grizzly Jig Co is a pretty sweet place. The home store is in Caruthersville, MO (Unless there are two Grizzly Jigs), they cater to the crappie fisherman big time, Reelfoot Lake is right across the river. I've been there several times and everyone is always helpfull and nice.

Looking good Six. What grade of exterior plywood did you use on the transom? Which glue? I notice Elmer's now has a product that looks just like Gorilla glue.

DaveInGA said:
Looking good Six. What grade of exterior plywood did you use on the transom? Which glue? I notice Elmer's now has a product that looks just like Gorilla glue.

It was untreated 4ply. Coated the insides with the spar urethane and then screwed them together. Afterwords sanded down the edges, then coated it again 4 times over, and bolted it using SS hardware. Went over all the hardware on the exterior with 5200, primed, then painted using satin black.

Here are some pics of the finished transom and the seats installed. Whenever I decide to fish the deck I'll pluck the middle seat.

Coming soon: Batt box and spot light mount.

Still waiting on the trailer... Afraid i'm going to have to pick it up unfinished.... :evil:

Attachments

• mlk1.jpg
    mlk1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • mlk4.jpg
    mlk4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • mlk3.jpg
    mlk3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • mlk2.jpg
    mlk2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
Trailer is back, blasted and coated. Motor is on. Boat in the water. Now I need sometime to enjoy it while I'm still on the water. Come Aug 1st I will be land locked. I did however get an annual pass to a new ramp 2 miles down the road. Will be fishing an entirely new body of water. Moving bay's. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• gg3.JPG
    gg3.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 197
  • gg2.JPG
    gg2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 197
  • gg1.JPG
    gg1.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 197
Six You never cease to amaze me, or maybe it's jealousy. Either way, good luck on trading Your way to that 1860 w/Etec =D>