Solar Eclipse 2024

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
Who's doing something for the eclipse?
My girlfriend and I are planning to drive 4 hours to Indianapolis to be in the total eclipse for 4 minuets and a few seconds.
I will also take my Nascar fire suit to the manufacturer in Brownsburg Indiania to have some repairs made.

Sounds like a good time to go fishing. I did catch a few during the eclipse last year. Unfortunately, this one is missing the inland northwest.

Prime time is just 2 hours north of us. Hoping that it won't be a cloudy or overcast day.

I've seen a number of partial solar eclipse, in my lifetime. I figure this one is about as close to a total as I am ever going to be.

Schools are even giving the day off for teachers and students can see it. :rolleyes:

The prediction of cloud cover for Indy is 50% to 75% we may not go.
From Pennsylvania going northeast along the path of totality looks to be better.

Kids are getting a half day here. Wife has off for a quick appointment in the morning so she's picking kids up at noon then meeting me at the ramp. We plan to watch it from the boat

Looking for the hot eclipse bite! :D

While still a week away, current weather prediction is looking good for our state.

Looking for the hot eclipse bite! :D

While still a week away, current weather prediction is looking good for our state.
The weather for eclipse day is looking good but the 3inches of rain predicted between now and Wednesday evening are going to eliminate fishing or even being on the river. Looks like we may make the 80mile trek north to Raystown or the 100 mile trek west to Deep creek lake.

The weather for eclipse day is looking good but the 3inches of rain predicted between now and Wednesday evening are going to eliminate fishing or even being on the river. Looks like we may make the 80mile trek north to Raystown or the 100 mile trek west to Deep creek lake.
I was hoping that this week would be our first outing of the season, but cold and rain for the week. Looks like it will be next week, now.

Currently the cloud cover forecast for the Indianapolis area is at 25% or less.

Well, it is like watching the weather for a planned fishing trip, 10 days out. At first, it looks great, and gradually shifts to not so much. Cloud cover now predicted for any of the areas we could reach. :( Still planning to go, if for nothing to experience the mid day darkness. Not sure what traffic nightmares we will encounter, though.

Latest posts