The one that got away...Then came back

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home Grown Basser

Reaction score
It was a cold fishing day in December. We we're fishing at Little Creek (Me and my Dad) and the fishing was slow, so we decide to troll to our faithful spot, a very nice drop-off that always produces good sized fish. So we get to this spot and we sneak in all stealth and decide to bank the boat. We get out the boat and my dad goes to the drop-off with his Ol' Trusty 1950's Zebco and his 1950's rod. LOL. So i go to fish this log with my Pflueger baitcaster. We're there for about 10 minutes and i catch a decent smallmouth and a very nice sized Chain Pickeral. Two minutes later my dad comes stomping down there with a busted line and a very..very angry look on his face. "Kody you wont belive it man this thing was huge biggest largemouth i've ever hooked". If you havent guessed it yet we're very far away from the boat and neither of us had a net, so when he hooked into that bass he paniced and tried to pull it up the drop-off and as soon as he got it to him it shook, and boom it was gone. Or so we thought. He complained for a bit, and i laughed for a good while. And we decided to leave so he hopped back in the boat and i pushed us off the bank. Then while i was trolling out i decided, "hmm, Dad hang on im going to fish this drop off one more time", so i throw out my lure, First reel nothing, Another cast. BAM! Fish on!! So i fight this fish for a good while, i knew it was a good sized fish. After a good fight i landed this beast, and guess what was in its mouth. TWO LURES! Mine and my dads. What are the odds? Anyway i just thought i would share this story with everybody because i will never forget it. Oh and this bass that we named Spotty (after dotty the worlds biggest largemouth) was a Little Creek record. Not bad for a freezing winter fishing trip. :LOL2: :DNov2295001.jpg