Throttle tension screw???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRB357

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I’m having a problem with my throttle not staying in position while I’m running. As soon as I ease off pressure with my hand the speed starts trickling down. I understand some where under the cover there is a screw that I need to tighten a little bit. However I can’t get the darn cover off. I can remove the 4 screws holding it down but the cover still won’t come off. Doesn’t even really budge. It’s 19 year old plastic so I don’t want to get rough with it. Is there another screw somewhere I can’t see????
IMG_4455.jpegIMG_4458.jpegIMG_4457.jpegIMG_4456.jpeg

You just squeeze the top and bottom together making the middle bulge out a little to get those little pins on the side to come out the holes. Don’t do what he did with the putty knife.

I’m glad I removed the cover, man it was nasty under there. My tension screw was very very loose. Surprised it hadn’t backed out all the way. Anyway I tightened it up and will test next time on the water. Probably just adjust it on the water until I’m happy.

Rather surprised it was under a cover, on both my OMC and Mercury controllers the tension screw/adjustment was right there easily exposed. Every so often I have had to give that adjuster a little tweak, so why would anyone want it under cover ?? Glad you got it sorted out.....

Rather surprised it was under a cover, on both my OMC and Mercury controllers the tension screw/adjustment was right there easily exposed. Every so often I have had to give that adjuster a little tweak, so why would anyone want it under cover ?? Glad you got it sorted out.....
Yeah another video I watched had the screw on outside of cover. Same spot, just accessible. I actually thought about drilling a hole so I can adjust it without taking the cover off, but I'm hoping it stays wherever I end up setting it at.

Same for mine (Honda). Tension adjustment is accessed from the outside of the remote case.

Last edited: