Tiki stiks......No more

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
As I mentioned above - I do not consider anything by Wave a premium bait - they were one of those "good for the price"

Before you start bidding on Tiki sticks on eBay look into some soft plastics made and sold by the TB sponsors.
Sometimes it's the "not so premium" baits that I caught my fish on. I just liked Wave brands Tiki Craws,because when nothing else worked,those would.
I was mainly talking about buying some of this stuff up that is still available and then SELLING it on ebay.
I agree with you on soft plastics from our sponsors. I have got a few before and they work awesome!!

The key to the tiki stick IMHO was it's bargain build. It seemed to work for me in shallow wateer when better made baits would sink too fast and not get the strike. The tiki's seemed to sink so painfully slow that even in shallow water it inched its way to the bottom whereas a premuim stickbait would sink right to the bottom in comparison.

*To me this should give soft plastic makers an idea. offer a slow sink version with less salt or something for those shallow water situations.

bAcKpAiN said:
The key to the tiki stick IMHO was it's bargain build. It seemed to work for me in shallow wateer when better made baits would sink too fast and not get the strike. The tiki's seemed to sink so painfully slow that even in shallow water it inched its way to the bottom whereas a premuim stickbait would sink right to the bottom in comparison.

*To me this should give soft plastic makers an idea. offer a slow sink version with less salt or something for those shallow water situations.
Good idea!
That's how the tiki craws were,they didn't just drop straight to the bottom where other brands would but they would slowly fall and 99% of the time,that's when I got bit.
I will definately miss these baits but I'm sure another one will be made like it eventually.

bAcKpAiN said:

Its a great idea backpain and one that Ive been thinking of, i like to put about 15% salt in my sticks which gives them a nice slowwwwwwwww fall. This makes them great for shallow water, but almost painful to fish in deep water. Bumping it up to 30% should put me on par with GY's sink rate. So for you guys who fish deeper waters I will start offering a fast sinking stick bait at no additional charge, just remind me you want the fast sinkers when you order.

Also I feel i must comment on this "premium bait" talk, I really would not consider any mass manufactured bait a premium bait, the only thing that makes them premium is the price. Now hand poured baits poured by either me or one of my competitors is a true premium bait since we use a higher grade of plastic, agonize about our colors/bait formulas and in general just put in a lot more care into a product we produce one at a time. All the big boys do is just load the injection machine with ingredients, flip a switch and boom 10 minutes later you got about 10,000 sticks.
soapbox.gif

*Man I should be a field tester!*

So BA, yours now fall slowely like the tiki? I am new to the buying lures idea. I personally have only bought the tiki's for the price. I got a boatload of them at wally world last feb in close out for $1.50 a bag. I am still at a place in my fishing where I have no idea what I like. I have always been a "run what you brung" kind of guy. Now I am noticing on different bodies of water, at different times of day, and even just on different days a need for a different type of soft plastic when dealing with a stick bait or something that will be rigged weightless. When will these faster sinking ones (more like the GY) be available? I still have a bunch of the tiki's but have no faster sinking ones. I have seen even in the same day on the same body of water a need for both, and it has bugged me not to have a faster sinking bait.

When I talked to one of the owners he told me that they're a couple of people interested in buying the company.

bAcKpAiN said:
So BA, yours now fall slowely like the tiki? . When will these faster sinking ones (more like the GY) be available? I still have a bunch of the tiki's but have no faster sinking ones.

IMO mine have always fell slow, and to increase the fall rate all i would need to do is add more salt to the mix. Id be interested in hearing from other who have used my sticks what they thunk? of the fall rate.

Mr. BassAddict,

The first ones I received sank quickly, the softer ones are per-fect-o mundo, thats my personal taste. =D>

On the last batch you made me, I think you doubled the softner and added 1 percent more salt.

Captain Ahab said:
As I mentioned above - I do not consider anything by Wave a premium bait - they were one of those "good for the price"

"Good for the price" is one of the reasons I used them, plus the Red Shad laminate color (red/black) worked well around here. Tried the actual Senko's once and they were too soft, not holding-up to the weedy areas I fished, plus I didn't want to pay the price of the Senkos. More Tiki Sticks in a bag (10) than the Senkos. One Tiki Stick would hold-up to catching 4-5 Spots on occasion.

Before you start bidding on Tiki sticks on eBay look into some soft plastics made and sold by the TB sponsors.

I'm open to buying some from site sponsors if the Tiki Stick Red Shad laminate color and texture can be duplicated! 8)

Not sure if they were bought out or decided to just be an internet supplier, but their products are still available for those that use them.

https://www.wavefishing.com/

SWEET!! I just went to Gander Mtn, and they are finally running out. Picked up some more crawdudes, shadiks, and i tried the 5" lizards. Glad to see they are still going, actually has anyone tried to order from that site?

EDIT: I sent them the following E Mail:

Hello,

I thought/was told that Wave Worm shut down, now i see that you can order from your site. Is this a mistake, or are you guys back up and running on an online only basis???

I was bummed when i heard you guys where shutting the doors, and have been stocking up on your stuff when i see it ever since. Hopefully you are back because i love your stuff!!

Thanks,
Cameron

I will let you know if i get a reply.

Well here is the reply i got back from Wave Fishing:

Hello Cameron,

Just a little friendly advice...do not always beleive the rumors you here. We are very much still in business. We are selling online www.wavefishing.com . We have a promotion going on all our products for the month of April.

Thanks,

Paul

??

ilinimud said:
Well here is the reply i got back from Wave Fishing:

Hello Cameron,

Just a little friendly advice...do not always beleive the rumors you here. We are very much still in business. We are selling online https://www.wavefishing.com . We have a promotion going on all our products for the month of April.

Thanks,

Paul

??

I called when I first heard the news and Paul himself told me they were closing.....Gods honest truth. So from the time I talked to him until the online store, something must of happened. :-k

Yeah, i went back and re-read the original post and seen that you called him. Oh well, im just glad to hear they are still making baits, even if they are kinda shady about this.

ilinimud said:
Yeah, i went back and re-read the original post and seen that you called him. Oh well, im just glad to hear they are still making baits, even if they are kinda shady about this.

I forgot about that..........I just went back and read the post from the beginning! :LOL2: