Tiki stiks......No more

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ilinimud said:
Yeah, i went back and re-read the original post and seen that you called him. Oh well, im just glad to hear they are still making baits, even if they are kinda shady about this.

Does sound kinda screwy. :-k . Doesn't sound like he gave you a proper answer in his email reply. He could've been a bit more descriptive of what happened.

Im not trying to slander Wave Worm or anything, as i still love the stuff they make, but i dont know if i will be buying if they quit carrying them in store. I put a bag of Tiki Stiks in my shopping cart on their website, and went to checkout just to see how much shipping would be and it was like 9.86 or something. Im not paying 10 extra bucks for a pack of worms, or even 10....JMO

Jim said:
ilinimud said:
Well here is the reply i got back from Wave Fishing:

Hello Cameron,

Just a little friendly advice...do not always beleive the rumors you here. We are very much still in business. We are selling online https://www.wavefishing.com . We have a promotion going on all our products for the month of April.

Thanks,

Paul

??

I called when I first heard the news and Paul himself told me they were closing.....Gods honest truth. So from the time I talked to him until the online store, something must of happened. :-k
I was told the same thing from this man. Rumors? what rumors, hes the one who said it, no rumors, we got it right from the horses mouth.

forgot about this thread and thought I'd give y'all an update...

When I was at the Classic a couple weeks ago, I talked to some people who looked like they had Wave brand plastics. I talked to the lady there, and she said that she had bought them out when they closed (she was a former VP with Wave). Anyways, they are now operating under the brand Ouzo (pronounced you without the y, so it sounds like youzoe (remember to drop the Y). I bought 7 packs of different things they had for $21.... just to get the free hat.

Looks like some good stuff... maybe even a little better quality than the original Wave plastics. I got some Tiki Sticks, finesse worms and some flipping craws

Website is not up yet... but this is it - https://www.ouzobaits.com/

** EDIT **

I just looked at the Wave Fishing website, and they are still operating. I'm beginning to think that she just left Wave and started her own company. That might be the reason the plastics are a little softer - but the colors are almost an exact replica.

Being Greek, I know Ouzo! :LOL2:

glass_Ouzo_Plomari.jpg

Hate to see that happen. To many jobs have been lost the last 2 or 3 yrs. I hope and pray that the economic situation will improve soon.

So for what occasion do Greeks drink Ouzo? Do they mostly sip it or is it a shot thing with them (or like me, straight from the bottle?). Only time I've ever seen someone else drink it was watching Iron Chef America and Kat Cora will drink a shot after the challenge is over.

Thanks for the info, Russ! Tiki Sticks (Red Shad laminate) was my go-to plastic when things got tough. I'll keep an eye on the website link you provided. maybe they'll stock them in stores [-o< .

Jim,
I had some real Ouzo while overseas years ago in Athens, Greece, and around the Mediterranean. Knocked me on my butt! :shock: