Time for yall to confess....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what type of vehicle do you drive

• Chevrolet

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Ford

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Dodge

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Honda

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nissan

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Lexas

• volkswagon

• daewoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • some other jap car

• mercedes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bi-cycle

• BMW

• Total voters
sorry.jpg

Ford F150
Ford Escape
Chevrolet Malibu (my beater commuter skate in lieu of the truck when the wife and I are not carpooling).

I had a 1980 VW rabbit diesel. A real POS. REAL POS.

I was 20 years old and the thing died at a bus stop in front of an all girls school while 50+ girls were waiting for the next bus to come along. I wanted to die. :LOL2:

My first car that I had (and wish I had still) was a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum. I was too young and inexperienced in the fine art of auto mechanics (and too broke) to keep it running or fix it up so I only owned it less than a year. After that I had a whole line of used POS's and eventually my dad got tired of being nickel and dimed to death by his 1969 AMX, gave it to me. Things were going well with me getting it back to pristine condition and when I was about 75% restored got married. The car restoration got put on hold but was still very drivable for a couple years. On the way to work one day I ran into a large heavy plastic container in the middle of my lane and it drove the radiator into the fan and water pump got toasted too. Money was too tight to do anything so I sold that off. Wish I had that one back too.

Popeye said:
My first car that I had (and wish I had still) was a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum. I was too young and inexperienced in the fine art of auto mechanics (and too broke) to keep it running or fix it up so I only owned it less than a year. .

Hey Andy, It wasn't my first car, but I bought it new when I got back from Vietnam in '69 - a 1969 Dodge Superbee :) Loved that car.... gee, we could have raced :lol: :lol:

Any pics Fishcop? i love those cars

Oh yeah, before I forget - how do your Cubs like hosting the Phillies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2 Fords for me and the wife

2003 F150 for me 133,000 miles
2004 Freestar Minivan for the wife 45,000 miles on it.

images

i voted chevy cause i drive a 99 chevy 1/2 ton 2wd swb
wife drives an 07 nissan maxima

When did I miss this?

Anyways, GMC(Chevrolet) for me. I drive a GMC Sierra 4wd, Ext Cab. :beer:

I have a 94 honda accord with around 210,000 on it. Runs great and has yet to let me down. I also have an 88 iroc with 60k on it. It has sit for abount 4 years while I was in college, but I am gonna get it back on the road hopefully within a month. I miss driving that thing so bad.

Was Blue Oval till last year , One ton 4X4 crewcab with a 460 CID SRW . Drove that truck for 18 years. Lost the trans on my wy to Florida with my Pacific 23 in tow .

I wanted a Diesel and a new truck and I don't like the new ford Diesels so I jumped ship and got a New Dodge 2500 HD CTD 5.9L [ did not want the 6.7 ] with a 6 sped manual. The muffler is MIA , just put in a Valair single disk ceramic Clutch and a smarty Jr.
I will leave it like that , it pulls tree stumps stock, I'm going for MPG . Right now she gets 23+ on the hwy empty and 12 towing.

I pull LOOOOOONG distance and this baby does not slow down , I set her on 65 and go.

Well I am late on this but here's my list of what I own and drive.I should trade a few things for a nice big boat.

2001 Ford Ranger XLT Step Side Standard Cab-3 inch drop----150,000+
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan-Reworked intake,ceramic brakes,stereo system----180,000+
1992 Mercury Tracer Trio Wagon-Stock----130,000
1990 Mercury Blue Max Cougar-Stock----don't remember
1971 Buick Skylark-all original and been in my family since new----85,000 original miles
1992 Suzuki GS500E-all stock----haven't checked
1991 Suzuki GS500E-all stock----haven't checked
1990 Suzuki GS500E-in the middle of complete build up----12,000 before tear down
1989 Suzuki GS500R-The frame and seat are stock.Everything else is heavily modified or custom built by me.----8,000+

Never being without a ride.Priceless. :LOL2:

We have 4 vehicles.

1998 Chevy Tahoe 5.7l - 220k
1994 Chevy Suburban 2500 7.4l - 225k
1989 Chevy Silverado 2500 5.7l 5 speed - 400k
2000 Honda Civic 5 speed - 165k

I mostly drive the Tahoe, although over the summer, mom and I swapped, and I drove the 'burban (boy that eats the gas down).

Dad bought the Silverado new in 1989, and put just under 400k on it. We put a new crate 350 in it this spring. After we got the Honda, which dad commutes in, the truck became the family spare vehicle. I might start driving it as my daily driver, once I master the art of double clutching with the heavier truck, but until then, I am using it just for short hops into town when I need a truck.

We recently got the Honda for free, as it had been run low on oil, and towed into the shop dad manages. Pulled the engine, took it apart, sent the crank and #4 rod to be machined, put all new seals and bearings in, and now we have a gas saver (and gives us 4 vehicles. A spare vehicle is a must) for around 500 bucks. It does have a little more power than most Civics :D . The previous owner had both a high end cold air intake, and a high end exhaust system installed (stainless headers, stainless pipes, etc). Aside from that, it is stock, but it will move.

We have 2.

My wife drives a '98 Chevy Blazer, and I'm in a '94 Jeep Wrangler both with around 130K on them.

Latest posts