Tinboats 2015 BIGGEST LOSER Challange

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01/16/2015 - 214.6 3lbs.....I'll take it!
01/23/2015 - 212.6 WooHoo!
02/06/2015 - 213.2 I blame the superbowl food. #-o
02/20/2015 - 211.0 forgot to weigh in last week again....but making progress.
02/27/2015 - 209.6 weighed in on Friday, but was on the road all day.

You guys are kicking butt. Keep it up! I've given up on my scales. I will get a new set someday, but this isn't stopping me from continuing on my journey. Just this morning I had to go to the next hole smaller on my belt. Regardless of what the scales says, that's inches lost.

Oh....I don't much like my scale either. Just don't trust it. When I weigh myself...I usually weigh do so multiple times until I get a consistant result 3 times in a row. Still....we can't trust our scales.

BTW...again, I didn't weigh in on Friday. Been doing a lot of traveling for work and it's not been possible. But....I feel like I lost about 30 lbs.

NOT! #-o

BassAddict said:
Scales don't tell the whole story, I haven't been this "heavy" since my first major weight cut but people keep asking me if im still losing weight........... Trust your belt/waist line

My belt lies to me all the time. :roll:

Seriously....I have a bit of a drinking problem. Water...that is! When I quit smoking back in high school, I started drinking soda. Ended up becoming a habit. About 8-10 months ago, I was able to almost completely eliminate my Dt. Pepsi and replaced it with water. Now...I have to have my water with me everywhere. I might only be sipping it, but I end up drinking between 2-3 gallons of water a day. That, in itself is a huge part of my weight fluxuations. Although I'm constantly in the bathroom....1 gallon of water is 8.25 lbs. I've seen my weight change daily up to 5 lbs while I'm still maintaining the proper "food portions".

Just one more reason I don't trust my scale completely.

fender66 said:
BassAddict said:
Scales don't tell the whole story, I haven't been this "heavy" since my first major weight cut but people keep asking me if im still losing weight........... Trust your belt/waist line

Seriously....I have a bit of a drinking problem. Water...that is! When I quit smoking back in high school, I started drinking soda. Ended up becoming a habit. About 8-10 months ago, I was able to almost completely eliminate my Dt. Pepsi and replaced it with water. Now...I have to have my water with me everywhere. I might only be sipping it, but I end up drinking between 2-3 gallons of water a day. That, in itself is a huge part of my weight fluxuations. Although I'm constantly in the bathroom....1 gallon of water is 8.25 lbs. I've seen my weight change daily up to 5 lbs while I'm still maintaining the proper "food portions".

I'm thinking you eat a lot of wheat (even "heart healty" whole wheat is wheat) which holds water. Try a week of going wheat-less and feel the difference.

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:
BassAddict said:

I'm thinking you eat a lot of wheat (even "heart healty" whole wheat is wheat) which holds water. Try a week of going wheat-less and feel the difference.

That would mean cutting out my Fritos and Twix bars....right? :roll:

fender66 said:
BassAddict said:
fender66 said:

That would mean cutting out my Fritos and Twix bars....right? :roll:
I know not of these Fritoes or Twox you speak of!

Sorry I've been away everybody, but I am BACK now. I'm in PT 3 times a week and my broken leg is almost all better. I'm ready to start hitting the gym hard again and to get back on track!

one100grand said:
one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6
1/9 - 220 - I recorded previously, but didn't post it. I know my beginning of year number was a bit influenced by too much beer and food around the New Year. I know the 220 is an arbitrarily low number compared to where I expect my year should actually start. I'm anticipating my weigh in this week will be around roughly 223.

1/16 - I did not record; I broke my leg on 1/13 and can't exactly stand on a scale. I'm in an aircast and when I'm able to put any weight on that foot, I'll weigh in and post the number up. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a good jump on the year and I'll probably have some ground to make up as soon right off the bat. It's a long year though and I will stick to it and will get going the right direction.
1/23 - Still can't get on a scale to record weight. I'm still here though and rooting for everyone to achieve their goals!
1/30 - Next week I should be able to get on the scale to record. I'm a little scared, I haven't been eating poorly, but I also haven't been eating great either. If I have a weight loss, I'm pretty sure it will be muscle loss unfortunately.

2/6 - 219.8 - The good news is that I'm able to get on a scale and the numbers are down. I do feel that I'm losing muscle and that's the cause of my weight loss...not anything that I've actually done. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered in a couple of weeks and able to get back to full gym activities.

3/13 - 221.4 - I'm all out on PT and working on recovery.

03/13/2015 - 211.6 Just goes to show that I shouldn't trust my scale. Still feel good.

one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6
1/9 - 220 - I recorded previously, but didn't post it. I know my beginning of year number was a bit influenced by too much beer and food around the New Year. I know the 220 is an arbitrarily low number compared to where I expect my year should actually start. I'm anticipating my weigh in this week will be around roughly 223.
1/16 - I did not record; I broke my leg on 1/13 and can't exactly stand on a scale. I'm in an aircast and when I'm able to put any weight on that foot, I'll weigh in and post the number up. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a good jump on the year and I'll probably have some ground to make up as soon right off the bat. It's a long year though and I will stick to it and will get going the right direction.
1/23 - Still can't get on a scale to record weight. I'm still here though and rooting for everyone to achieve their goals!
1/30 - Next week I should be able to get on the scale to record. I'm a little scared, I haven't been eating poorly, but I also haven't been eating great either. If I have a weight loss, I'm pretty sure it will be muscle loss unfortunately.
2/6 - 219.8 - The good news is that I'm able to get on a scale and the numbers are down. I do feel that I'm losing muscle and that's the cause of my weight loss...not anything that I've actually done. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered in a couple of weeks and able to get back to full gym activities.

3/20 - 221.9 - Up a touch, but still in pretty good shape.

03/13/2015 - 211.6 Just goes to show that I shouldn't trust my scale. Still feel good.
03/20/2015 - 210.6 :mrgreen:

Three months into my lifestyle change (diet) I'm down 24 pounds and feeling better than I have in a long time.. Long way to go, but every week another pound or so melts away.. I'm actually looking forward to an upcoming physical..

paper said:
Three months into my lifestyle change (diet) I'm down 24 pounds and feeling better than I have in a long time.. Long way to go, but every week another pound or so melts away.. I'm actually looking forward to an upcoming physical..

likebutton1.jpg

one100grand said:
one100grand said:
1/2 - 226.6

3/20 - 221.9 - Up a touch, but still in pretty good shape.

3/27 - 221.9 - Again...

You guys are doing great! Persistence is half the battle. I put new batteries in my scales this morning & it seems to be working now. I will start weighing every week & see what happens.

01/08/15 332.6
02/12/15 324.6
03/27/15 319.8