Tinboats Tournament August 21st - Bloomington, IL!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This gives me a deadline to finish my boat...I'm IN!!!
If that doesn't happen...I'll borrow my bro's boat
See you guys there!
Looking forward to meeting some of you.

"cough - cough" - I might be sick that weekend... of course it would be hard to explain the new tan.

:LOL2:

wasilvers said:
"cough - cough" - I might be sick that weekend... of course it would be hard to explain the new tan.

:LOL2:

I might be tempted except that we only have one guy on shift and the power plant won't run itself (safely) alone.

As of now we have 5 + 1 maybe. I'll post the list of those coming on the first post so we can keep track.

Also I'll update the rules to a boat fee of $25, with automatic entry into big fish portions. If we do that, I think we'll also change it to the format of some other tourneys where the team fishes for entry, so it would be the biggest fish caught by boat - not individual fishermen. That will encourage those fishing alone to bring a friend too.

We have room available for more if you want to come. I registered for up to 15 boats (thought more WI guys would be willing to drive), but we really can have more than that, we just need to let them know ahead of time how many.

Fishing Report for the lake:

"Bass are doing fair to good. A lot of small ones being caught, but we did have a report of a 5 lber and an 8 lber being caught."

"A 14" 1 lb. 4 oz slab (crappie) was caught on Monday near the shore on a minnow."

8)

Current Fishing Report (courtesy of https://www.larrysfishinghole.com)
- Water level is above pool with temps in low to mid 60s
- Bass were FAIR but mostly small fish in the backs of coves on plastics or minnow baits.
- Catfish were SLOW
- Crappie were FAIR-GOOD on jigs/tubes and minnows near shore cover with many small fish but a few nice ones too with reports of good fish in 16-20 foot water
- Muskie are SLOW with just a couple small fish this week
- Saugeye were FAIR on jig with minnows or crawlers and most are smaller fish.
- WhiteBass were FAIR on jigs and gulp baits in same areas fishing for Crappie

Just wait till the report comes out the week after we fish there - should read something about a group catching numbers of large bass with several going over 5 pounds! :fishing2:

Can't wait!

wasilvers said:
Just wait till the report comes out the week after we fish there - should read something about a group catching numbers of large bass with several going over 5 pounds!

Because Tinboaters are that good? Or because there's gonna be some stretchin' of the truth? :mrgreen:

I won't have my boat done in time for this but if anyone would like another tinboat.net member in their boat I would love to be part of this. I live a bit over three hours and would like to be part of this.

:fishing2:

ITGuy - plan on attending. If you need a boat to fish out of, you can join me as my partner backed out. You're welcome to fish with me, but we might be later getting out and early back, I only can use electric on this lake. :?

wasilvers,

Sounds great! Thanks for the offer! You can plan on me being there then.

ITGuy

ITguy - how good are you at fishing? If you like, you can pick the spots and I'll ride backseat. I don't get to fish out of there too often and would like to check it out before I call the boat 'finished'.

Hanr3 - thanks! We almost got stuck miles up the lake over 5 miles north of the launch this weekend -. We put the troller on speed 4 and pulled about a half mile before we could get the engine cooled and going again. It caught weeds blocking the intake - we saw it early, before it blew the warning at us, but when we cleared weeds, it blew the heat warning and wouldn't start. It would have been one LONG ride at the end of the day, into the wind, on a half dead battery.

Talked to a buddy of mine and he wants to go, might bring another friend of his too.
We will either be fishing from my boat, his boat or a pontoon boat, all tin boats. I might be camping too.

Not sure what I will do for a tent. Lately I've been using a couple of tarps, but I might bring my 10x20' dining fly and sleep under it. I have a few (5) tents, but Im not a huge fan of tents anymore.

Hanr3 said:
Talked to a buddy of mine and he wants to go, might bring another friend of his too.

:beer:

You can always sleep in the boat. We'll just have to check your livewell before we start fishing :LOL2: