Tinboats Tournament August 21st - Bloomington, IL!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my research for the tourny at Evergren Lake and came across some nice bass that have been caught...

evergreenbassJason_Thomas_Bass_2009.jpg

evergreenbassTerryToad_2009.jpg

evergreenbassjuly72004bass1.jpg

evergreenbassjuly72004bass2.jpg

On every case there is the chance to catch the state record Muskie - this beast was netted for a lake survey in 2008 - it would have set the record - 5 muskie over 50 inches have been caught at this lake since they started stocking them. Maybe a tinboater will catch the fish of a lifetime!

evergreenmusky-record-Netting_Survey_April_8_2010_009.jpg

Replaced the bearings on the trailer picked up a 9.9 evinrude last week to use instead of the 5.5 johnson/18hp nissan. Already have my spots planned out from previous fishing/camping trips over the years there. Now if I only knew which way the wind was going to be blowing. If you plan on boating any muskie keep in mind a larger net sure help, Anything over 30" can be tough to bring aboard for that picture. With any luck I'll be out there early friday to hit the flats and catch a few walleyes for supper that night.

The prevailing wind around here is out of the West. North West to South East most of the time. Figure on 10-15mph.

Sleeping in the boat eh? Hmmm, not a bad idea.

Alrighty - The local camp wants a count of how many we expect to have and I'm about to give it to them. if anyone else wants to come, let me know by Monday so we can include you in the headcount. I don't think it is a problem to have more, but the accountant in me wants to be as accurate as possible :D

Also, anyone done any fishing here lately? I assume the bass is a little slow now with the heat of summer on us. It seems not many people like to fish them deep - at least that's the way it is on the lakes I fish. 10 boats fish shallow to every 1-2 fishing deeper points and breaks. I'll be on a deep point catching fish, and have 10 other boats go right along the shoreline trying to pick up a bass or two. Unless it's pretty cloudy, I don't see them catching much.

Now I gotta find all my camping gear!

I was out for the day 2 weekends ago with a front going threw. The rocks by the spillway was full of bunch of 12-14' bass. But i did better off the points off the northwest coves and good off the old creek channel just past the white oaks camping area. All and all it was a good day nothing for the records tho. I'm hoping to get out there next weekend if I can get off the road early enough.

Would love to be there, especially since it is only 3 hour drive. But, Legbrkr, her husband and me and my wife will be in Niagara Falls that weekend. :) Hope you all have a great day fishing.

Less than a month to go.

I need to get off my butt and get ready.

My boat hasnt been in the water yet this year, and I still dont have a fishing liscense. Now that Im back to work again that will all change. I just need to clena up some things on the hioney do list. I still need to rebuild the carb, replace the water pump, install the radio and bunk sliders, service the bearings, and pick up a new trailer tire. Had to use my spare on the lawn trailer.

Im stoked about camping too. Im may set up my 10x20 dining fly, park the boat under it, and sleep in the boat. :mrgreen:

How many are going camping? Thinking maybe we should have a fish fry Saturday night. Nothing like fresh fish cooked in a dutch oven over an open camp fire.

I was planning on getting out there friday morning and pitching the tent for the weekend. With any luck I was planning on hitting the flats to see if I couldn't land a few walleye to cookup for that evening.

Walleye sounds good too.

What should we have with it?
Corn on the cob?
Rice?
Dutch oven cobbler?

Favorite adult beverage to wash it all down. :mrgreen:

We're going to be camping there Friday & Saturday night. Fish fry sounds great!

Just stop by and introduce yourself! (Spot #39).

Here's a quote from a post today by a guide I know that fishes Evergreen:

For those of you who enjoy crappies:

I realize that Evergreen Lake is far away for most of you.

It is located just north of Bloomington. What I usually do is have a customer drive to Peru, (located at just west of the junction of Hwy 39 and 80) and I shuttle them down to Bloomington.

Crappies are biting well on this lake. We caught about 30 of them in a little over 2 hours one night last week. Most of them were around 9 inches long. It was non-stop action.

Evergreen is a very good late summer and fall lake.

FishingCop, who might the guide be? I know a few who guide on Evergreen.

Site 39, I'll try to get something close.
You volunteering to be the main camp?
What do you want me to bring?
Tripod, dutch ovens, food, firewood?

Hanr3 said:
FishingCop, who might the guide be? I know a few who guide on Evergreen.

Site 39, I'll try to get something close.
You volunteering to be the main camp?
What do you want me to bring?
Tripod, dutch ovens, food, firewood?

Sure, it can be the central camp - my family is coming too, so there will be kiddos running around. If you have extra firewood we could use some - if not, we'll buy some from the campground. I have a small (tiny) charcoal grill and a turkey/fish fryer I can bring too.

I just want to know - who's catching the fish for all of us? :D

Dont bring the fryer, unless you need it for the family.

I'll cook up Saturday nights dinner.
You all catch fish to eat.
What else do you want to eat with the fish?

Ill also make a dutch oven cobbler or two. My treat.

Hey what ages are your kids? I was just planning on driving up for the day and heading home just after fishing, but I might be able to talk everyone into coming if their would be others close to their ages.

The more important question over who will be catching them is who's going to clean them. I'll be out that friday fishing it's always hard for me to keep off the lake.

BYOB Fishing said:
Hey what ages are your kids? I was just planning on driving up for the day and heading home just after fishing, but I might be able to talk everyone into coming if their would be others close to their ages.

Bring them along - I'm sure they'll all get along. I have a three kids ages 5, 8 & 10. The girls are real nice and behaved-they'll play with anyone of any age. They boy is pure energy. He listens, but still manages to find his way into mischeif :D

As to cooking, I can leave the fryer home - it takes up room and isn't fun to clean :lol:

FishingCop said:
Evergreen Lake Fish Kill:

https://www.shabbonalake.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4942

Dang carp. They didn't say if they rescued any, just that they found 50 dead. That really stinks. (no pun intended)