Tow rig pictures?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jirwin6985 said:
Thanks yea the shark fin is my onstar antenna. I also wedged my gps antenna inside of it as well. The black was ok but it got dirty real quick and wouldnt stay clean. So now im going for a nice sleek look.
Joe

The government is tracking you through the OnStar system.As long as it's on your vehicle they are gonna record info about your driving habits so they can regulate vehicles and road laws more.Bad thing is it's intergraded into you vehicles electronics,so it can't be removed.If it's deactivated the government still gets it's info through the service center.That's why they put a vehicle on a diagnostic machine every time it goes in for service,weather it's needed or not.

ben2go said:
jirwin6985 said:
Thanks yea the shark fin is my onstar antenna. I also wedged my gps antenna inside of it as well. The black was ok but it got dirty real quick and wouldnt stay clean. So now im going for a nice sleek look.
Joe

The government is tracking you through the OnStar system.As long as it's on your vehicle they are gonna record info about your driving habits so they can regulate vehicles and road laws more.Bad thing is it's intergraded into you vehicles electronics,so it can't be removed.If it's deactivated the government still gets it's info through the service center.That's why they put a vehicle on a diagnostic machine every time it goes in for service,weather it's needed or not.

That sounds a little paranoid or conspiracy theory to me. I don;t have OnStar on either of my vehicles but don't think they can share your info with anyone. I would have to read their privacy statement before I could swear to it though. My local Chevy dealer doesn't put the vehicle on the diagnostic machine unless they need it to troubleshoot a problem. And then you pay dearly for that service. Can't see them doing that to gather info for the government and not get money for it.

OnStar privacy policy:
https://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/privacy_policy.jsp

Im not sure :-k

This statement makes me think: OnStar only knows where your car is when a user or subscriber initiates a request for service, there is an Air Bag Deployment, an Automatic Crash Response occurs, or OnStar is required to locate the car to comply with legal requirements, including valid court orders showing probable cause in criminal investigations.

Isn't OnStar a subscription service with a monthly fee, and it's strictly a GMC thing?
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Must have missed this topic the first time.

'08 GMC Canyon. 19 MPG average.

They give you a year of onstar free (minus the driving directions, that you only get 1 use free) then you have to sign up for a plan.

Attachments

• GMC.jpg
    GMC.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 215