Tow vehicle picture thread!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0509.JPG1994 Mercury Grand Marquis, 4.6L V8. Tows beautiful. Was towing my uncle's newly purchased 16 foot Lund in this pic. Usually this car is towing a 15 foot Sylvan ...

Zubes said:
Here's my daily driver & tow vehicle. '07 TrailBlazer SS, AWD, 395hp 6.0L LS2 v8. It handles like a dream during the week (14.0 sec, 99.8 MPH quarter mile - stock) and satisfies all my towing needs on the weekend ('06 Crownline 200LS). I bought the SS new in August '07 and have racked up 103,500+ miles to date. If I had to do it over, I would get the same exact vehicle except in silver. I just don't have the time (anymore) to keep the black as clean as I would like.

AWESOME, I love the trailblazer ss's. I didn't really know much about them until after I already bought my truck, I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

It's my brother/business partner's, but I tow my rig with it every chance I get. My other tow vehicles are a Sport Trac and sometimes my lifted Excursion. No pics though, can't find any on this computer.

Attachments

• joe's truck.JPG
    joe's truck.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 509
Nothing hooked up to it in this photo. But she has served me well!

IMGP1191.jpg

John H

the former tow rig: 04 lightning with a few goodies... 460hp/554tq capable of high 11 second times at the track too!
034-1.jpg

Due to getting engaged, getting ready to buy a house, and other grown up stuff... this is the new tow rig which actually is better for towing but i cant outrun sports cars while towing a boat anymore! :cry:

2004 4runner... 3 inch lift, fj cruiser wheels, 32's
2011-12-27_12-47-33_76.jpg

arkansasnative said:
the former tow rig: 04 lightning with a few goodies... 460hp/554tq capable of high 11 second times at the track too!
034-1.jpg

Due to getting engaged, getting ready to buy a house, and other grown up stuff... this is the new tow rig which actually is better for towing but i cant outrun sports cars while towing a boat anymore! :cry:

2004 4runner... 3 inch lift, fj cruiser wheels, 32's
2011-12-27_12-47-33_76.jpg

I have a video somewhere of me running a twin screw lightning. I'll have to see if I can find it. It pulled pretty well. The weight and aero really hurt it though..

I'm guessing you have either a ported blower, or pullied with a shot of the gas?

nope twin screw kenne bell 2.3L... with those trucks you really have to set the suspension, tune, and driving ability to match the power. power is easy to make but keeping traction with a light rear end and getting the jump early is what you have to focus on! from a rolling start or high speeds isn't their game...

I know I posted this someplace once before. Anyway, '05 Crew cab Silverado 2x4 5.3 towing package 3.73 gears and I love my heated leather seats. LOL

IMG_8478%20copy.jpg

Upgraded from the truck in my sig... glad to be back in a Ford and out of a 2009 GMC that was falling apart. Never should have went away from Ford in the first place but everyone makes a mistake from time to time.

2011Ford.jpg

Here's my wife's daily driver and my Tracker Puller:

P8040260.JPG

2010 Dodge SBT 8)
(Stubby Butt Truck :D )

Picture before the boat ramp collapsed with my truck on top of it.. 4cyl Tacoma climbed right out.

Attachments

• trusdfck.jpg
    trusdfck.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 586
[-X you can't follow me! :mrgreen:

81 K5 Blazer, some modifications :D I like to be able to tow my boat anywhere I want, so I use a truck bed trailer for my 10' tracker it will hold up to the off road abuse and has good ground clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_5741.JPG
    IMG_5741.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 540
Thought i posted on this thread before..

Well here is my current "The Dirty Hoe".. 265K on her n running strong.. I'll be doing a swap with a 2000 LS1 this spring..
Between these 2 my gasoline bill is more than my mortgage in the summer..eeekkkk

dtyh.jpg

My prior towing rig, had to dump it because it couldnt tow my new Alweld safely.. Still miss this jeep!!

jeeps.jpg

And my prior prior tow rig, some lady ran a red light on her cell phone and T-boned me.. dumb way to lose a fun truck..

IMG_4887.jpg

For the big tin toon I'll tow with my '02 duramax six speed manual. Ordered it in '01,been driving it for 10 yrs.,and has never seen the repair shop yet. Half it's life has been spent towing trailers.

Thought about towing my tracker with my SSR,if both boats end up at the lake.

IMG_20110715_131226.jpg

Here's a couple of pic's of my rigs

First is my baby my 94 ram with a 5.9 slightly modified, it's a 1500 frame and axles with 2500 suspenion IE 6pack leaf springs an coil springs, fully boxed rear frame custom exhaust, Soon to be a flatbed installed the current bed on it is rotten an it's not worth saving neither is the cab it self, the doors an fenders are totally rotted through BUT the frame is mint, just a few little pin hole rots in it which i can easily patch with a spot weld.

Picture087.jpg

Picture123.jpg

Picture118.jpg

And here's my wife's rig, the one we actually tow the boat with since using mine would be one hell of an over kill..

This is the only pic i got of it, it's a 01 merc mountaineer aka ford exploder, i personally hate the truck with a passion but she likes it, we're trading it for a dodge durango as soon as i can find one thats not either loaded with miles or rusty as hell.

BlueFinBay010-1.jpg