Tracker bilge pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymite45

Reaction score
What’s involved in changing a factory bilge pump on tracker 195 txw boat to a automatic bilge with float switch.What wiring will I have to run and how should I hook it up? Any help will be appreciate!

I can't help on the actual removal and installation but many bilge pumps come with a built in float switch. They will have 3 wires, 2 positive leads and a neutral. One positive is for a dash mounted switch and the positive lead goes straight to the battery for the float switch.

The previous post is correct, and the ones wit a separate float switch can be wired as an automatic bilge pump also.

Just keep in mind the ABYC standard is that an automatic bilge system must have an accessible manual override switch and a manual bilge system must have a accessible switch.

Here is a schematic of a typical auto bilge pump.

If the bilge pump is under panels I would wire the float switch directly to battery with a fuse. This would only require a 2 way switch at the console for manual override.

D7470836-2813-4FE3-ABAB-38F2F4CAEAC1.jpeg