Want to rewire my Alweld Marsh Invader

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim1652

Reaction score
Picked up a 2020 / 1652 Alweld Marsh Invader last month. Wiring is complete and everything works as it should. The only problem is it’s an ugly mess and there are no in line fuses or a fuse panel. There are two switches, one for the running lights, and one direct to the bilge pump with no float. Trolling motor batteries are in the forward compartment. Starter battery is in the rear and also powers the accessories. My goal is to keep it simple and clean and I figured I’d start by cleaning up this mess. Also want to add power for a FF and probably another FF in the front in the future.

I see online that there are wiring kits for smaller boats. Has anyone here use the kit and could recommend one? I think that would be cleaner & better than picking up different colored wire for different runs. I might be just over thinking this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Pic of my son with boat, when we dropped it in for a quick test the day I bought it.

Attachments

• AA33EDEA-398B-4FFE-81CB-8456AB3F3A21.jpeg
    AA33EDEA-398B-4FFE-81CB-8456AB3F3A21.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1
NIce rig -- congrats.

I don't know about writing kits. I suppose they would consist of a few different color wires and connectors. Might be better to just purchase the colors and gauges you want in the lengths you need. I think you have a good idea about adding for future things like the fish finders. Don't forget to plan ahead for how you will run the transducer cable to the transom.

Thanks for the reply LDUBS, I did a lot of searching online and found a couple of expensive kits. I will plan on buying the pieces and parts for rewire. I’m trying to keep it simple but it’s easy to get carried away.