Tracker Boat......Never Again!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcbouy said:
not the point.you shouldn't have to repaint a brand new boat because of poor workmanship.

As a matter of fact it is the point, the ones with the better paint jobs cost more.

You can put a darn good paint job on a jon for $75 or less, the boats with the better paint jobs are going to be $200 higher or more.

There's an old addage that you've probably never heard that goes something like this "You get what you pay for".

bcbouy said:
thats why manufacturers get away with selling inferior products, some people accept it. not me.

... and some people think they're getting an extra special good deal, and then whine and complain when they find out they got exactly what they paid for.

If I was in the market for a jon boat I would prefer that they didn't paint it at all and deduct the price of the paint job from the MSRP. I'm not a fan of a painted fishin' boat because they're going to get banged, bumped, rubbed, and scratched... and you have to worry about that for the first half dozen times with a new boat if it's painted.

Well ... picked up the Tracker 1542... scratched the paint in the show room before i picked it up.... IT PASSED!!!! Made the decision i will touch up as i go along.

jigngrub said:
bcbouy said:
thats why manufacturers get away with selling inferior products, some people accept it. not me.

... and some people think they're getting an extra special good deal, and then whine and complain when they find out they got exactly what they paid for.

If I was in the market for a jon boat I would prefer that they didn't paint it at all and deduct the price of the paint job from the MSRP. I'm not a fan of a painted fishin' boat because they're going to get banged, bumped, rubbed, and scratched... and you have to worry about that for the first half dozen times with a new boat if it's painted.
so if i were to go out and buy a new car,drive it for a week,take it to a carwash and the paint came off,i should'nt take it to the dealer,instead take it to maaco for a $500 paintjob,pay for it myself because i bought a kia instead of a lexus???

bcbouy said:
so if i were to go out and buy a new car,drive it for a week,take it to a carwash and the paint came off,i should'nt take it to the dealer,instead take it to maaco for a $500 paintjob,pay for it myself because i bought a kia instead of a lexus???

Buy a $10,000 boat like that car cost and the paint won't scratch off.

when i ordered my weldbilt specified NO PAINT! spray down with pressure washer looks new always except for deep scratches; to each his own but don't need no paint or carpet in my tub. Good Luck! 8) :D

slabdaddy said:
when i ordered my weldbilt specified NO PAINT! spray down with pressure washer looks new always except for deep scratches; to each his own but don't need no paint or carpet in my tub. Good Luck! 8) :D

Smart man!

I think my next resto is going to be a "brushed" aluminum hull exterior instead of having to worry about dinging and fixing exterior paint and decals, paint is soooo overrated!

Probably no one will ever read this but my point of view is when I bought my 14X48 Alumacraft new, I was going to repaint it. Since I am a duck hunter I wanted a como design. My thoughts on this was to use the cheapest spray paint I could get. I can and have changed the pattern whenever I needed to. The boat is great but the original paint had to be cheap to begin with, so WHAT IS THE DIFFERANCE to use cheap spray cans of paint to repaint your boat? My 2 cents!!! Some things on a boat you put the good stuff on and in other places you put the cheap stuff on, knowing that it will be changed.

Latest posts