Trailer Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlmallory

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what is going on here. The other day I hooked up my trailer lights and on the way to the boat ramp they worked fun. Everything the running lights, brake lights and turn signals. Then on the way home I was told that I had no brake lights or turn signals.

I am not sure what would be causing this to happen that I have running lights but no brake lights or turn signals. Any suggestions? or things I should check?

Check every connection. It sounds like something came loose or is not getting a good contact. Check your plug too; I had a cheap kit & the wires broke right there on the first trip ( May not be your issues but don't rule it out ).

Had similar trouble with mine not long ago & took hours to figure out it was a grounding issue. I had 12.4v at the pigtail, but only 11.3v (rough estimate by recollection) getting through to the lights. This was enough to power the dimmer running lights, but not the bright brakes or flashers. My tilt trailer pins are rusty & not conducting 100%. I ended up rewiring with four conductor using a ground wire throughout instead of depending on the trailer frame to conduct. I work on low-voltage a considerable amount for work, so had the wire & tools handy.

Latest posts