Transom support Braces / Bracket

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the responses. It looks like a full transom fit of plywood to fit the width of the cap is the direction. Appreciate it.

Replace the whole transom. I saw one exception to what was stated above about 2x lumber. It was on a Mariner V. Had a 2x8 of some kind of wood, not sure what kind, but that transom was solid as a stone. I was going to replace it, but trying to get it out, I stopped and asked myself, "why am I doing this?" And so it stayed, and is still there, strong as ever to this day.

But that was a different type of transom than yours. I like plywood with fiberglass mat sandwich if it will fit.

Replace the whole transom. I saw one exception to what was stated above about 2x lumber. It was on a Mariner V. Had a 2x8 of some kind of wood, not sure what kind, but that transom was solid as a stone. I was going to replace it, but trying to get it out, I stopped and asked myself, "why am I doing this?" And so it stayed, and is still there, strong as ever to this day.

But that was a different type of transom than yours. I like plywood with fiberglass mat sandwich if it will fit.
Interesting. A gentleman in the neighborhood said that if the board had been a 2x10 or 2x12 it would be pretty solid but the fact that only one bolt holding the current board,the transom is weaker.

Latest posts